20. Unknown Night

Just like he demanded, the chamber was all set for him. It was overall a dark room, but Taehyung was okay with that. Since he was no fan of colors. After taking a nice bubble bath, the omega wandered in the room, checking every corner, judging the taste of alpha in everything.

More than anything, Taehyung choose the head alpha's chamber because there was his favorite scent lingering everywhere, making his heart go at ease. The pine forest smell was something Taehyung wanted especially when he's away from his pack, in the arms of crimson Asterin. Of course, he wasn't scared of anything. But the scent reminds him of the alpha. That's what all mattered to him as he strolled into the room and chose to wear a grey robe of Jungkook.

Taehyung suspected for a second. As long as he was not getting used to the so-called rules of Crimson Asterin, he has to be patient to make a move. So, when he picked the dress from his alpha's wardrobe section, Taehyung thought about the reaction the other was gonna give him as soon as he sees the omega. It would be a lie if he said he didn't get a little too curious to know that. The robe looked big on him, but since it's him, it's Kim Taehyung, it looked perfect.

The prince stared at the mirror, sighing at the thoughts clouding his head. He was in his mate's pack, he was safe as long as Jungkook is here, and yeah, Taehyung knows how to take care of him, but still, Crimson Asterin is foreign to him. Recalling the words the alpha said some time ago, Taehyung brushed his hair from his eyes. He decided not to make Jungkook angry and lose control on the first day. They have miles to go.

Taehyung recalled his brother and Hobi's mind link. "Go easy on him"
A small soundless giggle left from his mouth. Of course, Taehyung was gonna treat the alpha and his people the way they deserve. Nothing more, nothing less. He knew Jungkook would be happier if the omega choose to mind his own business. Since the curious cat, he's, Taehyung doesn't think he's gonna step back from unfolding the darkest myths about Crimson Asterin and the head alpha. Adjusting his robe, he walked out of the room, pondering to just stroll here and there in the palace.

Passing the dark hallways, Taehyung ignored the glares of Jungkook's guards. Don't they know who is he? Taehyung kept his mum to himself and halted abruptly in front of the peaceful backyard. There sitting the royal advisor, with a drink in his hand, tired eyes staring into the dark. Taehyung already got the vibe. Guilty. And he knows that has something to do with him. Without making any sound to break the quietness of the night, he sat next to the man who was dipped in his thoughts. The warmth from the alpha making Taehyung feel good in the chaos as if he has someone here to lean on other than his ignorant mate. He was unhappy about the tensed pheromones though. Clearing his throat, Taehyung grabbed the attention of the man towards him.

"It's not your fault, Jiminie..."

He whispered against the wind, which made Jimin look down on his lap. More than helping his head alpha to kidnap his Luna, the thought in Jimin's head was he betrayed his best friend. A small touch on his hand snapped him out of his trance. With his heavy eyes brimmed up with tears, the alpha looked at the prince who had a soft smile on his lips.

"I told you... Trust me... You did nothing wrong. It was Jeon's plan. And you can't oppose your head alpha... It's okay---"

"No, Taehyungiee... No. It's not okay. How can you be so calm about this? I betrayed you. I misused your trust. I'm guilty... I..."

Words trailed off as Jimin closed his eyes tight to let the tears fall on his cheeks, wetting the wounds he just wrapped. The advisor wanted to let that all pain out and befriend Taehyung again. His heart broke at the thought that Taehyung will not be his soulmate anymore.

When he glanced at the omega, the other had a sad expression, lips forming a pout and gaze down. The omega looked so calm but Jimin wanted to hold him tight and tell him that he will not do anything like that to break Taehyung and his trust. But he was surprised when the hug came from Taehyung, securing him in his strong hold.