30. To the moon

The wind stiffened around them, making it hard to breathe for the two males. Especially Kim Yugyeom. His eyes were wide as saucers and his dumbfounded expression couldn't leave his face from the second he saw the true blood. As if it's an instinct, Yugyeom stepped away, the sudden urge of looming down with his head lower took over him. The alpha in him was never strong enough to dominate Jeon Jungkook because he knows.

He and Jungkook have been together since childhood and he was there with the true blood at every stage of his life, ups, and downs- Yugyeom has seen all of it as a privilege of being the best friend.

It's always been Jungkook. Even when they were pups, Jungkook got everything he wanted. And no, Yugyeom was never jealous of his best friend getting all the attention and care.

That's until he met with Taehyung, the omega ruler who had everything, who was the embodiment of perfection. He wanted to own the omega. He wanted to be the only one who has rights on Taehyung, his power, and his body.

When his desire made him hazy, and he lost consciousness while chasing Taehyung's every move, Yugyeom forgot to look at himself. He forgot to reckon if he's the perfect one for the omega who was nothing but the blessing of the moon goddess. Things were spiraling around him already when he got to know that Jeon Jungkook has a mate. And that was none other than his desire. His obsession. Yugyeom wanted Taehyung without the shadows of Jungkook looming over him. And he got only one idea to do that. It was making them both despise each other.

In reality, Yugyeom did nothing. He was just being himself with the two, showing his colors to mates from the very starting. But it's only the clever and great Taehyung who got the hint. Or that was what he thought.

"Who permitted you to touch him? How dare you touch what's mine? Apologize, Alpha Yugyeom."

If words can pierce the snowflakes, then that was what was happening around the said alpha while listening to Jungkook screaming at him. One snap and Yugyeom knows he'll be on the floor, pathetic and lifeless. But the alpha wasn't ready to give in that fast. He stood without budging as if nothing matters to him. Now that his masqueraded games are revealed to the daylight, he could care less about anything and wanted to have what he desired the most. And that was the omega.

Speaking of Taehyung, the almond brown eyes were oh so badly wanted to shut in pleasure as soon as the scent of his mate filled the room. He felt he was in paradise especially when Jungkook spoke like that to someone who's his best friend. It was a pleasing sight to his eyes to see the true blood losing the right mind because of him being a brat. He wanted to see more of Jungkook's rough tones, possessive words, and scaring glares. Maybe it's the omega in him who wanted all those, but Taehyung can't help but give in to the passions. He wanted Jungkook. And his mate knows that too.

Taehyung tried his best to not squirm and fall into his alpha's arms, tight lips, and shaking legs took steps back and gaze averted from Jungkook. He wanted the true blood to confront Yugyeom, teach him a lesson, but at the same time, his heart chanted something else. It's his revenge. He wanted no one coming his way when he was on a mission to treat his rival. Taehyung hates when his plans stop in the middle because of any reason. He can't help but feel the distaste when his mate reached out to him. Yes, he was indeed happy but that's not it. Taehyung wanted to feel how Yugyeom loses his last breath with his fingertip, all to himself.

Jungkook glared at Taehyung, snapping him from his trance and bringing him back to reality. The scent of the omega, the way Taehyung's eyes roll back every time he took a look at his alpha, the way his body squirmed to be touched, all this makes Jungkook lose his mind. His mate was standing in front of another alpha, in a very sensitive state, and Jungkook hated every bit of it. He wanted Taehyung to run away from his eyesight before he do anything to him. Anything that can hurt his mate. Jungkook was ready to teach Taehyung a lesson for choosing this way to fight against him, against them. He wrapped his hand around Taehyung's arm tightly, dragged him behind while confronting Yugyeom.