41. Kill Me Heal Me

To say Jimin was frozen like a stone would be a major understatement. He didn't know what to do to get out of the mess, he didn't know how to react. All Jimin could think was how his best friend sat in the driver's seat, blinking multiple times to pull himself together, and drove faster than the wind. All he could think was the burning passion in those purple eyes.

The car stopped in front of the skyscraper, shining like crystal, tall and prestigious like the alpha who owned that magnificent kingdom. Taehyung ran out of the car, passing a quick glance at Jimin, and rushed towards his destination. He didn't wait for the lift to come down and took the staircase. The distressed pheromones make people around him move aside and give the omega the way to reach his mate.

Mate.

Taehyung's inner voice chanted.

"Where are you mate?"

The voice became clear and he felt cold blood rushing throughout his body, nerves feeling the pain and anger at the same time. Once he reached the floor of alpha's office, Taehyung paused for a moment before staring down at the people surrounded in front of the door.

They moved away, lowering their heads as Taehyung walked to open the door, stern eyes meeting the woeful state of the office. Especially, the man sitting on the couch as if the world broke down on him.

"I'm here!"

The fierce voice reached his ears, and Taehyung looked at the man who now had his eyes set on him. His strong footsteps never stuttered, eyes never broke the line of sight, as he announced his presence to the alpha. Jungkook looked up at him, taking a deep breath while closing his eyes.

It was red, burning like the sun, dark like midnight, ferocious and sparkling.

As if the universe was painted in red, Taehyung felt himself drawn toward the pull of the alpha's eyes, felt like his body floating in the air, the pit of his stomach churning as the sensation made him suffer in a good way.

Those who were in the room left the moment they met Taehyung, the purple-eyed omega. The pheromones spreading around the room were so tough for anyone else to withstand, except the mates. Jungkook stood up from his seat and sauntered toward Taehyung.

Once Jungkook stopped in front of him, just millimeters away from their bodies colliding, the omega stiffened at his position. He cupped the alpha's cheeks in his hands and whispered.

"How are you, mate?"

The alpha didn't say anything, leaning in the touch but the scent on his mate made something churn in his stomach. He let out a growl, the omega stood stunned in front of his mate, puzzled a bit to understand why the sudden change in his behavior. And then he realized when the alpha moved to nuzzle the crook of his neck, clutching Taehyung's waist and pulling him impossibly closer.

"It's just Jimin..."

Taehyung murmured, eyes closing when Jungkook started nibbling and kissing the skin of his neck. The next moment, the alpha retracted his lips from his skin, and the burning red eyes are on him now.

Jungkook walked forward, making Taehyung step back, stern expression adorning his sharp facial features, his arms flexing, and the omega visibly gulped. Not because his mate was intimidating him, but because there were a lot of things happening inside him, the adrenaline rushed through his veins, and his flushed cheeks were full on display only for the alpha to smirk at his state.

The alpha only paused when Taehyung's back hit the Mahogany desk, the omega jolted in surprise, eyes wandering everywhere but on the alpha. Jungkook caged him in between his arms, their body pressed together and breath mingling. Taehyung let his hand circle around Jungkook's neck while the alpha secured his hold around his mate's waist. His gaze dropped to the lips of the omega, and then at the crook of his neck.