Chapter 6: Olivia at Practice

For once all day I beat the Adam Banks to my locker and flirted a bit more like the usual thing today.

"How did you beat me?!" He says confused and shocked.

"Face it Banksie. I'm just faster than you" I smirk and scrunch my nose

"Okay haha I doubt that " He stuffs his hands into his pockets

"Haha look who's Mr. Big Ego today." I punch his arm and smile.

"Whatever Cutie let's get to practice"
Something about him flirting with me felt like it was all a joke but another part of me felt like he really did like me. I don't know. Maybe because we're friends he's like this.

"Why don't you call me Banks like everyone else does?" he start to say

"Umm well everyone calls you Banks and I thought Banksie sounded better. And I could ask the same about you calling me Libby. Everyone calls me Olivia or Livvy."  I said to him

"Well I wanted to be different with that same with you calling me Banksie." he explained

"Oh I see fair enough. Oh so do you want me to stop?" I asked

"No no no I never said that. Oh. I almost forgot. I need to talk to you after practice." he sounded serious.

"Hey you okay? Why can't we talk now?" I turn to him and rubbed his arm a bit

"Because I don't want everyone to know yet" he said scratching the back of his neck

"okay...." I was so confused
—————————————
We got down to the dressing room and my locker is in between Adam and Connie and Charlie right in front of me. Coach went through some stuff with the team then introduced me to the team like we've never met before.

"Umm coach?" adam steps up and skates to coach.
"Yeah Banks?"
"We all met her. We all have classes with her."
"Oh? so you've seen her skate?"
"Well no bu-"
"Conway.... come on up"
I stand up and do as he tells me to.

"Ummm.... Julie go in net. Fulton you play defense. And umm Banks go be a back checker. Alright Team. If either Fulton gets the puck out of her hands, Julie saves it, or Banks catches up to her, she's out. But if she successfully makes it though this she will be a co captain to her twin brother. All or nothing Olivia. "

I nod and swallow a lump in my throat as I see Adam mouthing the words "Deep breath. Calm down."

I take a deep breath as I leave Adam and Fulton in my dust and I come in so fast that Julie didn't even notice that I shot the puck above her blocker. I'm breathless but I realize what I've done. I'm a co-captain to my best friend and my biggest fan. He looks at me so proud. I'm so happy I'm apart of the ducks. I was so happy that I forgot that Adam had to tell me something.

"Shootout!!!" Coach calls out to us.
Adam goes ahead of me and turns his head and smiles. I shake my head and roll my eyes. Everyone else line up at the blue line in two groups I was with Adam and Charlie was in the other one.

I watch Adam skate down on Goldberg and deke him out and say.

"Cmon princess try to beat that!" I says bragging about his goal. "Oh ho just watch me hunny!!" I squint my eyes and skate down the ice.

I do half of Charlie's triple deke then I do a spin and the puck flies off my stick into the net.
"Now who you callin princess?" I blow him a kiss through the air and skate to charlie and say
"Haha great way to get in his head huh?!" I laugh
"Yeah well he's doin the same liv" he sounded worried. Protective. I've never herd him like this.

"Cmon Charlie it's trash talk it's all good" I assure him
"Okay I guess so I got to go and finsish some homework love you bye." He said skating away.
"bye" I wave at him

I go talk to coach then. I skate to Adam
"Coach said nobody is on after us you wanna do 1 on 1s?" I know I have him tempted
"Do I?!" He questions me
"Hmmmm yes you do!" I nod my head smiling
"Well then! You're on!"He takes my puck and skated away.

We play 1v1 for so long and we are laughing so hard at something that happened hours ago and I skate down the ice and he tripped me and I pull him down with me. Our helmets fall off and I'm on top of him. The ice is cold but his cheeks are warm.

I move a strand of hair from his face around his ear and my laughter slows down a bit and forms a smile and I remember from today he wanted to talk to me.

"so *I clear my throat and move more hair out of his eyes* what did you want to tell me today?" through all this he was on the freezing cold ice and i'm just lying on top of him

"oh right" he looked nervous. He slightly bites his bottom lip when he's nervous "I wanted to tell you that I like you"

My eyes widen "oh my gosh...." I whisper softly. At this point all my feelings rush into one big thought. I want to kiss him.

He grabbed a strand of hair that fell out of my pony and tucked it behind my ear and smiled. His hand moved from my ear to my neck. I felt his warm thumb rub against my sweaty cheek. I smiled back. That's when I knew that we both wanted this to happen.

We sat up and still staring into each other's eyes I pulled him by his jersey for a light kiss. Then before I knew it my hands moved from the jersey into his hair and his hands on my waist. We pulled away from the kiss both of us still breathless from practicing. I felt my heart leap out of my chest and I couldn't stop smiling and I noticed that he stared at me with a smile that was warm and sweet. I really liked this boy.