Chapter 12: Just the Park?

I spent all weekend thinking about what happens and how it could be fixed but i'm every way I imagined it I ended up with me hurting him in some way. Any way I thought of, didn't make me feel any better about the situation.
——————
Mom drove me to the doctors to get my ribs checked out and to my surprise it was worse than I thought.
"She has 2 fractured ribs and 3 broken. and a concussion. She won't be able to play any time soon." The doctor said in a stern voice

I was devestated.
—————————
I get to school at around lunch and see l the guys. The only seat open is at the end next to Adam. Of course. Just my luck today.

"Oh hey Libby where you been?"Adam says to me rubbing my back.
"None your business, Adam" I don't even look at him.
"Oh jeez! Sounds like it's your time of the month sorry, I'll leave you alone." he jokes
"What the hell's that supposed to mean Adam" I snap at him. I turn to look at him

"Oh it's just a joke chill" he puts his hands up to surrender. I roll my eyes.
"Whatever I'm done with you" I grab my tray and Luis offers his seat to me and I accept it. I turn to Connie and Julie and roll my eyes in disappointment.
———————
The lunch bell rang and I was not looking forward to history today.

"Why aren't you wearing my hoodie today?"Adam says confused.

"Because I didn't feel like it." I reach in to my bag and pull out his hoodie and shove it in his chest. "Here. If you want it so bad. Take your hoodie back."I grumble

"What? Why? I gave it to you because I thought you wanted it?"Adam says shocked.

"Oh I thought it would look better on your new girlfriend" I walk faster

"What do you mean new girlfriend?" He looks up from his hoodie and catches up and stops me

"You know damn well who Adam" I turn and look at him and cross my arms.

"I swear it was just one time in the park. it meant nothing I swear!" He confessed.

"Well was the park the only place?"My eyes water.

"Yes I swear" He lies and tries to hold my hands

"Well then explain why charlie is suspended?!" I cry out.

"Charlie got into a fight. I thought he told you!" He replied to my question

"Oh yeah do you know who he was fighting? Or where?!" I say to him.

"No I have no idea what happened" He lies again.

"Oh so it had nothing to do with you in the locker room on Friday making out with a girl while, oh yeah! I wasn't there!"I scream at him.

"Oh my god..." he trails off.

"So let's see. You say you love me then let another girl touch and feel you. Then kiss more girls in the park and in the locker room then you accuse me of 'My time of the month' you know how much that fucking hurts Adam?! (crying now) Yeah that's what I thought you don't! Now just leave me alone! I don't need you!" I yell and walk into class.

He follows me in to the classroom and sits next to me and I ignored him all class mo matter what he did if he tried to hold my hand I pushed it away. If he passed me a note I'd crumble it up and throw it at him. I stuck to it when I said I didn't want to talk to him.
———————
After school I tell the girls about what Adam said and how I never want to talk to him again. "You're going to have to speak to him soon. He's one of our best players and if your mad at him he can't play properly and it effects all of us" Julie says "Julies got a point Liv" Connie agrees. "Well if this is still happening by Thursday we are done and we can kiss playoffs goodbye." Julie says

"Yeah we'll call me when Adam decides to grow a pair and talk to me because I'm done making first moves." I say falling onto my bed.