Chapter 13: The whole world?

Today is Wednesday a day till the game and I find Charlie in his room and sit on the edge of his bed. He takes his headphones out and talks to me. "Hey Olivia what's up?" he says with a smile "Why didn't you tell me about Adam. You know the girl, you, the fight?" I asked seriously "I didn't want you to get hurt. I know how much Adam means to you." He say sitting up "Yeah well meant to me I guess." I look at my shoes "What do you mean? What happened?" he asked me

"Well I mean, words were said feelings were hurt." I look at Charlie through my wet blurry eyes. "I found out it wasn't only once but a couple times. It doesn't matter. He can talk and kiss whoever he wants because (voice breaks) we weren't together. It doesn't count" I cry some more.

"Olivia, You have no idea how much Adam would talk about this mysterious girl and now that I realize it he was describing you all along. I don't know why I couldn't see it though." Charlie gives me a soft smile and rubs my back.
—————
Game day finally came and it was around 8:30 am when I heard a knock at the door. I got out of bed and opened the door to see a tall blonde holding chocolate and flowers. "Can I come in?" he spoke. "Sure I guess." I knew what he was here to do so I wanted it to be private so I took him upstairs to my room. 

I opened the door and he walked in. I shut it and while facing the door I said to him "Adam, what are you doing here?" I spoke in a stern harsh voice. "I'm here because I'm sorry." he apologized. "Do you think that a little sorry will help you right now? Would sorry solve all the problems right now?" I crossed my arms and turned to him. "No I know that what happened was terrible and I have no excuse to what happened I could've stopped her but I didn't. I will never stop trying to make up for that!" he explains

"I get it, she is prettier than me she's smarter than me she more confident than me, she's more popular. I get why she gets chosen" I said pretty sure of my answer and staring down at my shoes.

"I bet everyone told the story they think is true right? No one gave me a chance to explain. First I was playing football with my buds and this was before our date. The guys thought it would be funny if there sister tackled me and "accidentally" kissed me. I hated that. Then when the girl you saw yesterday she was touching me and stuff and I hit her hand away. I guess I didn't stop her earlier because I kept imagining it was you doing that. And when she kissed me in the locker room I didn't know she got in the room she showed up and saw I was upset you couldn't be there then she said how much she liked me then I have to admit I didn't pull away at first but then I tried to push her away then Charlie punched me. And here we are. I know you won't believe me and that's fine I just wanted you to know my side before you herd everyone else call me a jerk and stuff. When I'm with you nothing else in the world exists. When you smile my day instantly becomes better. I could never have that with anyone else" Adam sits up and finally looks up at me "Nothing in the world?" I say and then he and comes back with "Haha yeah. You know how you were saying how that girl who's perfect?"I nod. "Libby Your the smartest, prettiest, funniest, best hockey player in the world. Who cares about popularity anyway? You're perfect whether you see it or not." Adam says and smiled.

I started to cry some more and say. "Adam. You mean it?" "Every word." he responds. I walk over to him and straddle my legs around his waist on the bed and I wrap my arms around his neck so tight I could do it twice. Adam tightly holds my waist and I cry softly into his shoulder. "So we're good?" Adam says not letting go of my waist. I ease up on the hug and still sitting on his lap face to face still straddling (not sexually tho just sitting in his lap) I say "We're good" "Good, because I have no idea how I could play with you mad at me." He says. We laugh a bit. "Adam, I can't play tonight. My doctor said I have 2 fractured ribs and 3 broken ribs and a severe concussion so I can't play any time soon." I say through soft tears. He looked so worried and shocked. "Are you okay? Could you still come?" "I can watch but can't be on the bench." I say. "Okay well at least you'll be there." He says back "I wouldn't miss it" I say as Adam leans in and I kiss him pationatly and he smiles.
————————
I get to the game and I went wearing Adams hoodie and jersey with my favourite mom jeans and I helped braid Connies and Julies hair. I felt a bit nauseous and lost my balance and Connie got kind of worried and I told her I'm fine but she didn't. I walked down with them to the dressing room and said hi to everyone and went to go to my seat and wait for warm up to start.

They finally got out of the dressing room and they skated a few laps and they waved and nodded to me and I smiled and waved back. then I saw Adam. I smiled and blew a kiss to him and he winked at me. I blushed and smiled.

After the first period finished the score was 4-0 for the other team and I saw connie wave me over "What's up Connie?" She looked worried. "It's Adam he's spazzing out and none of us can calm him down!" I nod. "Okay I'll talk to him. (waved adam over) Banksie? What wrong? Are you okay?" I say as I fix his hair. "These guys are on my ass I can't get past the red line. I can't help my team Lib!" he starts to freak out. "Banksie, Banksie! Hey it'll be okay! I promise. Just take a breath I'm here you don't have to show off just go play. Have fun. Don't worry about ever else!" I smile at him and kiss his sweaty forehead. He smiles "okay." he says and walks in the room.

"How did you do that?!" Connie says amazed. "I don't know he listens to me" I explains. "Yeah or maybe he loves you" she makes kissing noises. "Shut up Connie" I push her head away as I felt nauseous again and had to get some water and sit down.
——————
The second period starts and the cheering gets louder and my head hurts more and more. I couldn't call my mom because if I left then I'd be letting Adam down and then letting the team down and I couldn't do that them.

The game finished the third period ended 5-4 for us and the crowd celebrated and my head was pounding and hurt so much. I had to be there for Adam though.

I walked down to the room and sat in my locker beside Adam and coach talked to them and congratulated them and everyone got undressed and I stayed there waiting for Adam to head out and then we were going to my dorm to watch a movie with Connie and Guy.

Adam finished getting undressed and helped me up. He held his hand out and lifted me up and I just about fell over before Adam caugh me by my waist. "You alright?" Adam said muffled like I was under water. He turned around and let go of my hand and everything was black and lost my balance and I fell on a hockey bag and hit my head again on the stool I was sitting on before. "LIBBY?!!" His voice was more muffled than before "COACH?!!" His voice again was quiet and muffled. My eyes fluttered and slowly closed. "Libby? LIBBY WAKE UP! You can't fall asleep cmon. Wake up. please" I heard his voice break and I wanted to tell him I'd be okay but I couldn't talk.

"Call 911! Someone!" I heard Adam scream.
"Adam?! What happened?!" I heard the familiar voice of my best friend it was Connie. She was crying.
"Hello? 911? Hi yeah my girlfriend passed out and I need an abualnce I'm with her best friend and neither of us can drive.Okay. We are at Eden Hall Achedemy. Okay thanks.
——————
The ambulance alarm wailed as I felt a hand hold mine and my hand was wet from someone crying. It was Adam. My other hand was being held by Connie. She cried too. I wanted them to not worry about me. I wanted to tell them I loved them.