Chapter 16: Love, The ducks

I grab my IV cart and run as fast as I can  to the window to see the Ducks.

"What are you doing here?" I say to Adam on the phone.

"Three....Two....One....!" I hear faintly on the phone.
The boards they hold fly up in the air and it reads

WE LOVE YOU LIV!! <3 The Ducks

I read the sign letter by letter. I see the sweet message and I cry as the phone is still on my ear and I see everyone drop their sign and rush to the phone and say all together. "We love you Liv. Stay strong!!" Of course I begin to cry again and say. "I love you too Ducks!!"
——————
After staying on the phone with Adam who insisted he should stay on the phone with me until I'm done with my treatment no matter how tired I get. He stays with me. "Hey when you finish up I'm going to stay with you all night. I don't care how long it takes I'll wait for you!"

Finally I finish up and I meet up with my mom in the parking lot and hop into the back and see Adam next to me and I smile as he said "I told you I'd wait!" I laugh and hug him excited.

We get to my house and we go upstairs together and again I complain about how insecure I am because I'm starting to loose my hair. "I could be bald tomorrow, Adam! Nobody will talk to me and-" He stands up and walks into the bathroom. "Adam? What are you doing?!"I say concerned. He hold up an electric razor and turns it on. "What I shave it and be bald tomorrow?" after I finished my sentence he took the razor and swiped it across the side of his head and I slap my hands over my mouth in shock.

"I told you I'm here for you and if you don't have your hair then I don't need mine!" he said through tears. "Adam! This is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me!" I run and hug him. "I love you so much" I said through tears "He sets his head on mine and said "I love you too"
——————
Now, there is no going back. I take a deep breath and I hold out may hand, Adam hands me the razor and I shave the top of my head. Then the side and the other side then the back. I look up at him and smile. "You look beautiful" he says in awe. "Thank you" I hug his waist.

Adam shaves the other sid of his head and takes a deep breath before doing the top. "Wait Adam! You don't have to do this!" I stop him. "Yes I do! I have to do this to show you Im all in." he says as he wipes off his soft blonde hair. I stare at it as it hits the floor.
——————
I feel better that Adam shaved his head with me and if anyone gave me a weird look because I'm bald he would beat them up no matter what I told him to stop. It showed how he really cared.

—————A few months later—————

"Wanna go out tomorrow after Charlie's party? I found a really romantic restaurant down town." He asked as I snapped out of my trans.
"Um yeah definitely! Wait Charlie is having a party?" I replied back excited and upset. "Yeah the whole teams coming for his birthday. Come down if you can!" He replied. I thought that it would be for my birthday because it was tomorrow and thought it would be nice for a romantic birthday dinner. "Erm okay, Any special occasion to the fancy date?" I ask to see if he remembered. "Umm nope just a nice date." he said back and I felt my heart break.
——————
After school and after the ducks had practice today Julie and Connie came in talking and laughing. "Oh hey Liv! Didn't know you were staying here!" Connie says surprised. "Sorry do you want me to go home?" I said already upset from today. "No of course we don't want you to leave! So tell us about your day today!" Julie replied "Well Adam is taking me out for dinner tomorrow at a fancy restaurant and I wanted you guys to help me. With you know what I should wear?" I say to them. "Okay! So what's the restaurant? What's the occasion?" Connie says brainstorming ideas. "Well I thought he was taking me out for my birthday tomorrow but it sounded like he forgot." "I'm sorry Adam forgot but we had no idea either. We totally forgot that you and Charlie were twins but we are haveing a party for him tomorrow after practice. You can come if you want?" Julie says looking at Connie. "Oh that's okay. But yeah I'll try to make it."
————————
Later we desided to pick my outfit and hairstyle for tomorrow's date.
We desided on a red mini party dress with a mid low neck line which a black channel hand bag.
Dress:

Bag:

Hair:

Hair:

I put on a wig to make it look like I actually had hair

I put on a wig to make it look like I actually had hair. Because I'm still insecure about that.
—————
I woke up and saw a text from my mom saying Happy Birthday to me and I thanked her. I called Charlie. The phone rang 3 times before he picked up the phone and sounded tired.

"Hello?" "Hey, Char.  Happy birthday to us right haha." I said as he chuckled softly "Yeah ahah" "So umm. How come everyone remembers that it's your birthday and forgets about mine. I mean they forgot we are twins Charlie." I explained upset. "What? Who forgot?" he said confused "Everyone. Adam is taking me out tomorrow after your party" I said and get my face get hot. "Oh it might be because I've known them longer but I'm really not sure why they would forget your my twin!" Charlie explained for me. "Whatever. I gotta go. See you later." I say hanging up the phone.