Chapter 7: Adam at Practice

For once all day she beat me to my locker and flirted a bit more like the usual thing today.

"How did you beat me?!" I say shocked that for once she beat me.

"Face it Banksie. I'm just faster than you" she laughs and smirks.

"Okay haha I doubt that " I say opening my locker and walking with her

"Haha look who's Mr. Big Ego today." she punches my arm and I smile.

"Whatever Cutie let's get to practice"
When me and libby are "play flirty" I get lost in the game and start to really flirt.

"Why don't you call me Banks like everyone else does?" I ask because I really wanted to know

"Umm well, I mean everyone calls you Banks and besides I thought Banksie sounded better. *She looks at me and smiles* And I could ask the same about you calling me Libby. Everyone calls me Olivia or Livvy." She said back.

"Well I wanted to be different with that same with you calling me Banksie." I replied

"Oh I see fair enough. Oh so do you want me to stop?" She asked

"No no no I never said that. Oh and I almost forgot. I need to talk to you after practice." I tried to sound serious. and rub the back of my neck

"Hey you okay?Why can't we talk now?" she said concerned and rubbed my arm slighty.

"Because I don't want everyone to know yet" I say my hand still on my neck.

"okay...." she sounded confused and considered.
—————————————
We were down in the dressing room and I was happy I was next to Libby and Luis. Coach started to introduce Olivia to us

"Umm coach?" I stand up and skate to him
"Yeah Banks?"
"We all met her. We all have classes with her."
"Oh? so you've seen her skate?"
"Well no bu-"
"Conway.... come on up"
she stands up and looks kinda scared

"Umm.... Julie go in net. Fulton you play defense. And umm Banks go be a back checker. Alright Team. If either Fulton gets the puck out of her hands, Julie saves it, or Banks catches up to her, she's out. But if she successfully makes it though this she will be a co captain to her twin brother. All or nothing Olivia."

I know that she's nervous right now because it's all or nothing for her. I look to her and say "Deep breath.Calm down"

She takes a deep breath and she skated faster than anyone I've ever seen. Faster than Luis. Me and Fulton are left in her dust. I turn to see the puck in the net and I just smile. I'm happy for her.

"Shootout!!!" Coach calls out to us.
I go ahead of Libby and we line up at the blue line .

I fake right drive left and stay left but shoot top corner and it goes into the net

"Cmon princess try to beat that!" I tried to get in her head but I know that won't work.
"Oh ho just watch me hunny!!" she says skating away.
She does half of Charlie's triple deke then she does a spin and the puck flies off her stick into the net.
"Now who you callin princess?" she blow me a kiss through the air and she skate to Charlie and talk to him. Looks like he's leaving.

She skates towards me after taking with coach Bombay and says
"Coach said nobody is on after us you wanna do 1 on 1s?" she has me on my heels ready to play again.
"Do I?!" I raid my eyebrows at her.
"Mmmm yes you do!" she nods and smiles
"Well then! You're on!" I grab the puck and skate.

We play 1v1 for so long and we are laughing so hard at something that happens so hours ago and she skates down the ice and I stick my stick out as she trips over it and drags me down with her and our helmets fall off and she's on top of me. The ice is cold but she makes me forget about everything else in this world. Sometimes when I enter a room I don't see anything else, just her.

She moves a strand of hair from my face and tucks it behind my ear and her adorable laughter slows down a bit and forms a smile.

"so *she clears her throat and moves more hair out of my face* what did you want to tell me today?"

"oh right" I was nervous and I bite my lip slightly. "I wanted to tell you that I really like you"

I watched her eyes widen "Oh my gosh...." she whispers softly. Right now everything simply has fallen away. We are the only people in the world left.

I grabbed a strand of hair that fell out of her neat pony and moved it behind her ear and I watched her smile grow bigger. I shifted my hand moved from her ear to her neck. I felt her smooth perfect skin with my thumb and I just sat there and thought. "Man she is perfect" I smiled back at her. That's when I knew that we both wanted this to happen.

We sat up and still staring into each other's eyes she pulled me by my jersey in for a slow light kiss. Then before I knew it her hands moved from my jersey into my hair and my hands dragged down to her waist.

We pulled away from the kiss both of us still breathless from practicing. I looked at her and she smiled so bright it could light up a room made me think about how amazing she truly is and how lucky I am to have her in my life at all.