Chapter 15: All Alone

"Well we went over your tests when you first cracked your ribs we assumed you were concussed like most patients after a fall like yours. But over time you've developed a tumour in your brain. Not from the fall. But we haven't figured out where yet. But We do know that you've had it for quite some time we just didn't realize that it was a tumour" I was shook to my core when the doctor explained everything he then continues "It had started small when you were around 7 but it was so small we couldn't see it but it has rapidly increased in size and is now the size of a golf ball. I'll leave you two alone now." he leaves the room and I sit there speechless and frozen. I couldn't move I felt my heart drop when the word tumour slipped out of his mouth and the same word has shouted in my brain. "Cancer....Cancer.....Cancer..." Im scared of what could happen. I look at Adam who was still trying to prosess the information and I looked at his big ocean eyes flooding with water which made me do the same. "Adam..." I wipe his tears away with my thumb he kisses my hand my then my lips.

We pull away and our foreheads touch together and I whisper "Adam I understand if you don't want to stay with me. Even though we aren't together but we love each other you could go out with other girls. Girls that are predictable and aren't on the verge of death-"I start to say
"No, I told you nobody will ever mean anything close to what you mean to me. I need you to understand that. I'm not going anywhere. And I want to be your boyfriend and you will live a long life and a happy one at that. Your gonna get married, and have kids someday I know it. I just know it." I cry harder and nod at what Adam had said to me.

Tuesday comes and Adam thinks supposed to get out Wednesday but I get to go home today just no physical activity.
———————
Today I am going to break the news to the team and surprise Adam.

I walk into the dressing room and see everyone rush up to me and hug me. I get through everyone's hugs and finish up and see a blank but happy Adam Banks. "He really missed you. Wouldn't talk about anything else. Go get em" Julie says "Did you miss me Banksie?" he runs up to me and picks me up and I wrapped my legs around him and we smile and I attack him with kisses all over his face which makes him laugh. "Did you tell them?" he whispers. My smile fades and I shake my head to answer his question.

"Coach?" I enter his office and he hugs me. "Hey kid. How ya been?" "Pretty good lately, got out early. Listen I have to tell you something now and then the team hopefully before practice starts." I say to him as serious as possible. "Okay shoot." he kicks back and listens I take a deep breath. "Okay. So lately I've had tons of headaches and stuff thinking it was my concussion but then they were more severe and at the game you know what had happened I passed out and went to the hospital with Adam and Connie. Well I found out from my doctor that not only do I have a severe concussion but they also found a rapidly increasing tumour in my brain. And I can't play anymore" he sat there shocked and still like me and Adam did in the hospital when we found out. It made we want to cry "But you'll be okay right?" coach said through small tears. "You never know?" I say as my voice breaks.

Now the hard part.....

Coach stood up and walked out and announced to everyone "Team listen up Olivia has something to explain to everyone. Olivia the floor is yours"

"Thanks coach, Okay. (deep breath) So lately as all of you know I've had tons of headaches and stuff thinking it was my concussion because of my rollerblading incident, but then the headaches got worse and more intense. At the game you all know what had happened I passed out and had to be escorted to the hospital in an ambulance with Adam and Connie. Well after running tests and a few days at the hospital I found out from my doctor that not only do I have a severe concussion but they also found a rapidly increasing tumour in my brain. And to sum it all up. I can't play anymore. I'm sorry"

I look up from my converse to see all my friend confused, scared, upset, and shocked. Most of them cried and all hugged me. This was by far the hardest thing I've have ever done.
——————
Later that night Adam came over and we studied a bit for history and he stayed the night (big surprise) we cuddled for a bit and I got up off his chest and started to pace around my room talking to him.

"Omg!" I get up. "What is it?Whats wrong?" Adam said concerned about me. "Omg I have to do chemotherapy!" I put my hand on my head "So? It'll make everything better I promise." Adam says trying to calm me down. "No you don't understand. I have to do chemotherapy and that will make me loose my hair. Then I will be bald. I'll be know as the bald girl and you will leave me for a healthy gorgeous girl who you'll marry and I'll be stuck alone! Bald and alone! That's the worst combo!" I begin to rant. "Hey hey hey hey slow down! Who said I'm going to leave you. I could care less if you were Rapuzel or Vin Diesel. I love you for everything else about you." Adam says "You're just saying that to cheer me up! Oh no! IM GONNA LOOK LIKE MR. CLEAN!!!" I complain "No you're not I mean it I promise." he smiles and puts his hand on my cheek "You're to perfect Banksie. Too perfect" I gush as I fall asleep close to him.
——————
I wake up to a hand slowly and softly going up and down my back. I slid closer to Adam and throw my arm from his heart to his shoulder.My head rests on his chest and I feel his heart beat and slowly makes me fall asleep again.
——————
I wake up alone in my bed and hear something coming up the stairs it's Adam. He made me breakfast in bed. How sweet. I dive into the food he made because I've been living off of hospital food for a long as I can remember. "Here you go. Breakfast is served" Adam says handing me the tray. "Aw thanks Banksie." He smiles and blushed
—————
A few days later I had my first chemotherapy appointment and that took a while. I sat in the chair waiting. Watching the IV flow from the bag into my fore arm and covered my legs with a warm blanket as I heard the ringtone of my phone go off.

*RIIIINNGGGGG*
I pick up the phone.
"Hello?" I said softly and slowly because the medication made me tired.
"Hey sleepy head." It was a familiar voice and I knew who it was but I wanted it mess with him.
"Umm who is this?" I say
"Uh your boyfriend? Adam" he said confused.
"Adam....?Adam who. Which Adam I have a ton of boyfriends named Adam." I joke.
"BANKS!" he yells
I laugh. "You knew it was me didn't you?You're messing with me aren't you?!" he says catching on to my joke.
"Ha There you go baby! So what's up?"I say catching my breath from laughing.
"Look out your window." he replied.