Chapter 20: Lasso's, Buzzers and Pentalties.

Today was the game I was the game of Team USA vs Team Iceland.

Me and Adam arrived at the rink and we stood outside the arena and I kissed him and said. "Good luck, I'll be cheering for you in the stands. I love you. Play hard for me Banksie" "Yes ma'am" he said laughing. He started to talk when he was interrupted by a tall broad shouldered man wearing a Iceland jesrey. "Hey. (turns to his friend) looks like we got a hot one here! (Turns to me) Hey you busy tonight baby?" Adam cuts in front of me and the same guys says. "Aw look at little Banksie stepping up for his girl ahhaha" I step in front of Adam and look up at him. I motion with my finger to bend down to my height again. "Yeah Baby? You rethink the date in-" before he could finish I punch him as hard as I could in the nose. "Nobody calls him Banksie but me. And no I didn't rethink your invitation. I rather date my twin brother." Adam tries to not laugh but he does and I smirk.

I go to my seat and get my food and water ready. Later on the stands fill up more than before and then I see the red white and blue jerseys with USA written on the front. My seat is close to the glass and the teams bench so I can see everything.

The teams warm up and I see Adams stick with a little writing on the shaft. I tried to make out the words and he mouthed them as he saw me looking "Libby Banks." I laughed and smiled at it. I played around with my ring happily and all smiley.

Once the warmup was done both teams huddled around the bench and did there cheer. I see that Adam is obviously a centre and first line too. I'm happy for him and what he's done to be here.

I saw Adam take the draw and then saw him talking to the other centerman.

Adams POV:
I went to go take the draw to see the same guy from before the game who Olivia had punched in the face. "So Banksie? After you loose your girlfriend is probably going to dump you and come to me." He says "She punched you in the face. Why would she want you after she did that?" I reply. "That's probably just her way of flirting you know." He says trying to get in my head. "Oh well it's not and looks like you got a lil' boo-boo from my girlfriend!" I say pointing to his black eye. "Whatever Banks. Your going down" he says "Yeah well I wouldn't be set on that decision yet buddy". The puck drops and he wins it and pushes it through my feet and skates away.

Olivias POV:
I saw the puck go through Adams feet and the game was on. The Iceland centerman skate down on Goldberg wraps around the net and passes it to the he trailer and shoots it into the net. I hear Goldberg shout "Cmon guys help me out on defensive here I'm doing this myself"

After sitting in the stands watching them being scored on goal by goal it makes my head hurt more and more. I hate that I'm not out there with them. It's the third period and everything is falling apart for our team USA and I can't help them. And that hurts me. Gordon finished the speech and the third and final period started. And Iceland scored again and I buried my hands into my face. Coach was over Goldberg's game so he sent in Julie. She went to the net and set her equipment up on top of the net and I saw two Icelandic boys go up to her and say something but I couldn't make out what exactly what any of them were saying but they obviously said something to sort of upset her because she ended up hitting them on there asses. I laughed.

I saw Fulton skate onto the ice and wined up for a slap shot and go straight into the goalies glove. I looked at the goalie who took off his glove to reveal a huge bruise from Fultons shot.

I got excited when I saw Adam sweep the puck up and skate down the ice and made the D knock right into each other I bursted out laughing then started cheering for him. He shot the puck and....! It went right in the net and I screamed and cheered as he skated around the net with his arms up and tapped his stick and left his hand and stick on top of the net as he Cheered "Heyyy!!! We got one!!!" Then the iceland Defence man slashed his wrist as hard as he possibly could. My hands flew to my mouth and I was close to crying. I saw all of my teammates pushing the D-man away and the red guided him to the box. I didn't look at that D-Man I stared at Adam trying to see if he was okay. His body was folded in half and I saw everyone see if he was okay. He nodded. I didn't believe that for a second. I know Adam and he hides his pain rather than showing it to people. I was scared.

The game ended and I knew that they were upset. I mean anyone would be loosing 12-1. I was still worried about Adam. He couldn't even hold up a stick and rotate it anymore

A few days later came the next game against Iceland and it was coming to the end of the second and I see Connie go onto the ice and go to the corner for the puck but is struggling. I start to pray for her. Then I here Dwayne yell as he watched the played skate at her. "IN COMIN' CONNIE!!" I see him grab his lasso and swing it around the air and it flies around the iceland players waist and right before he hits Connie Dwayne pulls him in with the rope and lifts him up to say. "Where I come from. We treat ladies with respect!" Connie comes in and says "Thank you Dwayne but I'm not a lady. (She turns to the Iceland player) I'm a DUCK!" She yells at him pushing him over. Dwayne went to the penalty box for "roping?" I think but then I notice the iceland player Connie pushed over try to get up to only trip on the lasso. I laugh at that. The buzzer goes off and the period is over.