Chapter 17: Chandeliers, Champagne and Birthdays

After school I watched the Ducks practice and then went into the dressing room to see a banner saying.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!"

And I obviously made the assumption it was for Charlie. And it was. I walk over to everyone and say hi and I sit with them drinking punch and talking then it's time for cake. I walk with Charlie and look at the cake that said in icing. "Happy Birthday Charlie" I look at the cake and I want to cry.

I thought that we all got along and we're friends. But apparently they don't care about me. I take a sip of punch to try to stop crying. So I turn so nobody sees.

We finish the cake and Charlie opens his gifts and the party is over. "Hey you ready for our date?" Adam turns to me and smiles. "Erm well I have to get dressed first." I giggle a bit. "Yeah me too and I might wanna shower because this place is really fancy, so" He replied back. I nod and we separated to our rooms and he said he'd pick me up at my dorm.
—————
"Connie, Julie! (pull them away from party.) I need your help getting ready for tonight!" I whisper. "We gottchu girlfriend!" Julie says back. We run upstairs to the dorm and I put on the dress and Connie does my makeup and Julie styles my wig into a half up half down style with curls. "Okay we are almost done with the makeup. How's the hair lookin Jules?" Connie says concentrated on my face. "Almost done" Julie replied

"Okay now we set the wig on perfectly on your head and...!" Julie says "PERFECT!" The squeal. I turn around to see an unfamiliar person and I try to stop myself from crying "Omg what's wrong baby!" Connie says seeing me about to cry. "No I'm happy. So happy. I am finally happy about how I look." I cry out to them. They both hug me. "Thank you so much for everything. I love you guys" I say to them. "We love you too. Now we have to stop crying we'll mess up the makeup." Connie said crying with Julie.

We were inturupted by a knock on the door and Connie opened it and said "Oh hey Banks" she said to the opened door wiping a tear away. "Hey Connie, were you crying?" he asked her "Yeah but it's no big deal. (Turns to me and Julie) Livvy, someone is here for you!" she said wiggling her eyebrows. "Thanks Con." I walk past her and hiss at her "Shut up" I look back at my best friends and smile. and mouth the words "Thank you" and Julie mouths back "You're Welcome!"

I turn to Adam. He looks stunned at me. "H-Hey" "Hey." for the first time ever I was the calm one in our relationship! "You look amazing!" He blushed and smiled "Thanks you look great too! So what do you have planned tonight?" I ask him. "Well a fancy dinner and then an evening walk to the field to look at the stars and then later maybe a movie in my dorm?" "Hmm (I turn to the girls) Don't wait up!"I hear them laugh as Adam takes my hand and I close the door. "So Mr.Banks? What's the mysterious fancy restaurant your treating me to on this non occasional night?" I ask him. "Do I have to have a special occasion to take my girlfriend out for a nice dinner?" He defends "With the allowance you and me have put together yes we have to have an occasion" We laugh "Well tonight is just be another great night with you" he hugs me "So you didn't answer my question? Where are we going?" I question him again. "Well malady I am treating you to a reservation at Au Revoir French Bistro." (<—— searched up fancy french restaurant) he said. "Adam that's so expensive you didn't have to do this." I kiss his cheek and hold his hand.

We walk into the restaurant and see a table with a folded card that read "Reserved" "Umm reservation under the name Banks." Adam says trying to sound older. "Ah yes. Your table is ready Mr. Banks right this way" he spoke with a thick french accent. Adam pulled my chair out for me as the waiter took my coat for me. "A waiter will be here soon to take your order. Here are some menus to descide and I will speak with you soon" His accent thickness each word he said and Adam was just smiling in awe at me and blushed at me.

A tall waiter with a moustache and goatee came and said "Have you desided on a drink yet? How about some Champagne."
"Oh sure!" I say excited "Do you know what Dom Perignon said to fellow monks after he invented champagne? ... Come quickly, I am tasting the stars!"  (the fault in our stars reference) the waiter said as we take a sip of the bubbling drink and we quickly agreed with the stars reference. The waiter disappeared as he left adam and I to sit together. "To never saying goodbye or leaving each other" he held his glass up and I hit mine to his as it made a small clink sound.

After we finished our champagne we sat and talked and stared in to each other eyes and smiled. I broke our eye contact to see a gorgeous chandelier hanging above the table. Adam looks up with me and the waiter comes back and says "Ah yes. This chandelier was the one thing that was here when we began to fix the restaurant to what it is today. Legends say that it has been around for years and years. You two are very lucky to be under such a wonderful piece of history." "Wow that's amazing!" I say still staring up at it.

"So Mr. Banks? What will you have this evening?" the waiter said to Adam as he pulled out a small note pad. "I will have the Lamb Chops with a Cognac Dijon Cream sauce." "Ah yes" the waiter said. "And for you Mrs. Banks?" the waiter says and turns to me. I look at Adam and he smiles and I giggle. "I will have the Vegetarian Bourguignon please" I say to the waiter. "Alright I will be back soon with your dishes"

"So? Mrs. Banks." Adam says leaning in slightly. "Yes Mr. Banks?" he laughs "Why do you think he called me that?" I ask drinking more champagne. "I don't know maybe because I reserved us under 'Banks' he just thought I don't know. We were married?" he said. "Huh okay. I mean I didn't hate it" I mumbled but he still heard and blushed.

Later on we got our food and we ate and talked about the team, school, our families and all that stuff and suddenly he grabs something out of his pocket a small box with a bow on top and hands it to me and then said. "Happy birthday Babe." "Omg you remembered?!" I say my eyes filled up with tears. Happy ones this time"Of course I did! You really thought I forgot??" He says. I open the box to reveal a small ring with a very small diamond heart with the words "I love you" written on the inside

"Adam? What are you doing. This isn't an engagement ring is it?! Adam we are 18 years old!! We can't get married!!" I say shocked. "I know (He laughs) you see it's a promise ring not an engagement ring." he says laughing. I sigh and laugh with him. "See look I have one too! See mines rubber so I can wear it at hockey too. I also put my real promise ring on a chain to also wear." he said to me. His real promise ring on his chain was bigger and had a piece missing. A heart. My ring fit perfectly inside the heart on his and written on the inside his ring said "Forever and Always"

(Kinda like this:)

——————————————————