Chapter 18: Candles And Popcorn

We start walking back to campus and I see a trail of candles and balloons leading to a beautifully lit area. A blanket layed on the ground and a basket on top.

I hear a russel in the bushes and see all my friends pop up and scream "SUPRISE!!!!" I am shocked and excited to see everyone actually did remember my birthday they just wanted me too have some independence and to not always be Charlie's twin sister but Olivia.

I thanked Connie and Julie thinking they set this up or came up with the idea but Connie said something that shocked me "Don't just thank us! I mean we helped but it was all Lover Boys idea." Connie says pointing to Adam who is talking to the boys.

I hug him from behind and say "Thank you" "You're welcome. But for what?" he turns around and locks his hands at my waist as I move my hands to the back of his neck and at the start of his rapidly growing hair

(The hair he had when he came to the ducks in D1 but obv older face not when he found out he had to be a duck but when he said 'yeah whatever I just wanna play hockey')

"For everything. This dinner. Shaving your head for me. Being you." I gush. He smiles and replied "Well you're welcome" we hug for a while. when we let go I see Connie and Julie walk up to where a screen had been set up.

"Hello Ladies and Gentlemen. We hope that you had a good night because this will make it even better." Connie starts "Me and Connie have gathered some photos and videos of Charlie and Olivia and used said photos to create this slideshow." Julie says "So before we begin. Cuddle up with someone, grab some popcorn and a drink and we will begin once everyone is settled." Connie concludes the speech.

"Ohh oh boy I can't wait to see baby you and Charlie" Adam says rubbing his hands together. "Shut up Banksie. I'm going to get popcorn and drinks I'll get you a drink too. We will share the popcorn" I say to Adam getting up.

I walk up to the popcorn stand and see Charlie. "Hey so how's it going with Linda?" I ask grabbing mine and Adams drinks. "You know it's going pretty good to be honest. How's it with you and Banks?" He answered then asked. "You know what it's actually going really good! I was about to rip his head off today for forgetting my birthday but remembering my twin brothers birthday and not his girlfriends so..... yeah. But as a birthday present he gave me this" I show him the ring. "Is that what I think it is?! Liv you cannot get married you're 18 years old!!!" charlie whisper yelled. "No no no! I said the same thing as you. But you see it's a promise ring not and engagement ring. You see it's a way of showing your committed without being married" I explained. "One sec when you see Banksie and ask him if you can look at his chain with a ring on it. You'll get it when you see them together" I explained again. Charlie nods. "Cmon we are missing out on the slideshow!" he exclaimed. I laugh.

"Hey Baaanksise." I say giving him his drink. "Hey Baaaby" he says taking the drink and smiling at me. He really loved my dress and it made me happy. I sat down with Adam who was perched up against a tree so I sat down in between his legs facing the screen. I put the bucket of popcorn between my legs and he kissed my cheek and I fed him some popcorn and we laughed.

The slideshow was starting and the first picture was when me and Charlie we first born and I'm the corner said 1 day old. The next picture was at our first birthday party, Charlie covered in cake and me picking it off him. Everyone laughed. And in the corner of that picture One year old. The next one was us at Mickeys where mom started her first shift. we sat on the counter. In the corner said Two years old. After that one Charlie wearing a jersey pulling it over his head and me wearing the same one way to big for me looking at him shocked with my dad's baseball cap. The corner, Three years old. Then the next picture was us at our first hockey game. We were banging on the glass cheering. For as much as four year old have control of. The corner read Four years old.

The slideshow went on we laughed and had fun. Then we came to 17 years old. I was in the chemo chair in my ducks jersey with Charlie in his both of us with our thumbs up. I look tired in the picture. I still remember that day. I had been in that room all day. I memorized all the quotes on the wall all the cars in the parking lot I still remember. Blue car, red car, yellow car, red car, white car, black car, blue, black, white, red and grey. Burned into my head. It is scary. Having to always go back to that room. Not knowing what's going to happen. That's in the past know I believe that I ask getting better although nobody could prove that I had to be happy about where I am. This was the night I always dreamed of. The best birthday ever.