Chapter 10: The Morning After

Practice today was okay but still difficult. I was going to tell Adam about a rollerbladeing accident that happened this morning riding to school. But lucky for me  he found out on his own. My ribs blue purple black and green. I couldn't even stand up even with Adams help
"I had fun last night" I say unting my skates.
"Yeah me too" he says then smirks and I blush and smile.
I get undressed and try to stand up and wince a little.
"Libby, you okay?"
"Yeah for sure Banksie why" I say clearly lying holding my side.
"Because you can barely stand on your own!" he says coming up to me. He moved my hand he lifted the shirt up where it had been bruised.
"Libby! you have to go to a doctor. Now!"
"No Adam, I can't. * My eyes fill with tears* I can't let Charlie down. I can't let my team down. I can't let coach down. I can't I'm sorry. I just can't tell anyone."
"Libby..." he says almost crying for me.
"Adam, please"I cry out to him.
"Okay." He nods and looks down
He places his hands on my lower back lights so it doesn't hurt me and we begin to kiss. Maybe even make out a bit at times. It was the best thing and then....
"What the hell?!"

We pulled away faster than Luis could skate.

"Charlie! You weren't met to find out like this! Not here! Your my brother I wanted to tell you!"I say running to him

"You! Stay away from her!! * He points at adam and screams* *Turns back to me* Liv he doesn't care about you he's using you!!" He screams and shouts at me.

"I do care about her!"Adam screams back.

"BullShit Adam!" Charlie steps away from me and I turn to see Charlie walk up to Adam.

"Yes I do because I love her and you can't change that!!!" Adam screams at Charlie

I turn to him "Y-you love me?" I whisper

"Yes of course I do. It's still so early but I don't care I've loved you since I first saw you I just couldn't hold it back any longer." he grabs my hands and I throw then over his head onto his neck to hug him.

"I love you too" I cry and hug him tightly.

"OHMIGOD!!!Liv! You cannot be serious right now?!!" Charlie shouts so loud people in Texas could hear him.

"Charlie! I don't need your opinion on this right now. I'm a big girl." I pull out of the hug and turn to Charlie.

"Charlie I feel horrible about what varsity did I have to tell you that I had no part in that at all. They told me when we left!" Adam explained

"Go home banks! Go cry to your rich parents!" Charlie yelled

"Charlie..please" Adams voice broke down and I could hear him almost cry.

"Don't wanna hear it banks. Let's go Liv."he pulls my arm which makes my ribs hurt.
"Owww!!!!!" I scream.

"What is it liv?" he sounds sincere

"it's fine just my ribs" I shake my arm and put my hand on the bruise.

"oh just your ribs?!" he says lifting up the shirt where the bruise is revealed. I try to push it down before he could see it. I roll my eyes away from him.

Charlie slowly stands up

"Did you do this to her!?" He says seriously to Adam and almost shouts

"What?!" Adam says back.

"You herd me! DID YOU DO THIS TO HER!?" Charlie screams almost cried out at Adam

"You've got to kidding me Charlie I hurt it while rollerblading!!! HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE HIM OF HITTING ME!! HE IS THE LAST PERSON WHO WOUOD EVER TRY TO HURT ME CHARLIE! You just can't see past that one goddamn game against varsity!?" I shout back at Charlie.

"Livvy I didn't know I-" Charlie turns to my with tears filling his eyes.

"Go home Charlie!!!!!" I pointed to the door and I felt my voice break and my eyes drip my stomach did knots and head was pounding.

I collapsed into my locker in the dressing room and cried I buried my head in my hands as Adam stayed with me the whole time. I'm greatful he was here for me.

Me and Adam walked out of the dressing room and there stood Charlie waiting for us. A soon as Adam saw him his arm dropped from my waist. I grabbed his arm and put it back in place as Charlie just took a deep breath. I just glared at him.

I wanted to talk to him but I couldn't. After he said all those mean things about Adam, I won't forgive him anytime soon.

"Livvy can we talk please?" Charliewalks up to me. "Charlie, you've done enough"I say trying to not make any eye contact. "What did I do wrong?!" Charlie throws his hands in the air. I break my no eye contact rule "You're kidding, right?!" I start to count all the things he did to mess this up with Adam on my hands I shake my head "1) You blame him for something stupid I did to myself. Not Adam. Me. 2) You make sure he doesn't love me. Or you make sure I don't love him. But Charlie it may come as a surprise right now but, yeah. I do love him and you can't tell me otherwise."

"Look Libby, I'm sorry" Charlie cried out. "Nuh uh you don't get to be sorry now because that won't make everything alright or everyone feel better. And DON'T call me Livvy my friends call me Livvy and Adam is the only one who can call me Libby! You may call me Olivia!" My tone is angry and my face is hot. Not the same hot when Adam compliments me. But the kind of where you feel like you could punch someone in to a brick wall. That wouldn't make me feel any better about this night.
——————————
After practice I didn't want to do anything. I felt lousy and tired from fighting with Charlie. I dragged myself into class and there he was my twin brother Charlie Conway. I handed in my assignment and sat down in my spot trying to not speak to Charlie. But what do I know he still tried  no matter how much I didn't want to listen. I started to write what the teacher had on the board as Charlie began to talk.

"Look, I know you're pissed off at me but just listen. I had no right to treat Adam like that. He's my best friend, I know he is gunna treat you right I just had to protect my little sister." He says I didn't want to listen but I wouldn't have a choice anyway.

"By 45 seconds" I mumble and roll my eyes. "Charlie. I appreciate that you are taking care of me but that doesn't give you a right to tell me who to date!"

"I know. I was selfish and stupid. It's just I walked into the dressing room and saw him kissing you. I snapped because I couldn't believe that you'd choose my best friend out of all the guys in the world!" he sounded calmer now.

"Hey take it up with Banksie, he told me he liked me a couple months ago at that skate when I first joined. Remember? Me and him stayed on late and practiced. Well we were skating around, laughing then he accidentally tripped me and I fell and tried to grab him on my way down and I ended up laying on top of him on the ice. Then he told me he liked me and I told him I liked him back then he kissed me."
"Wow. on the ice?"charlie said amazed and confused.
"yep" I answer and smile.
—————————
After science it's finally lunch but when I
get out of class something is off. I don't see anyone waiting at my locker. I think nothing of it. "He's probably just late or got out of class late no biggie." I say to myself while shaking my head.

After a while of waiting Adam wasn't showing up so I just figured I'd meet him in the dining hall. I turn around to see Adam talking to a blonde headed girl who is continuously touching his arm and his shoulders. The second I saw her touch him I felt my stomach flip and my heart shatter. But what had hurt me most is when she ran her long perfect fingers through his dirty blonde hair. That felt like a knife in my chest.