1

You listened to the sound of rain pattering against the window, sighing. You absolutely loved the rain - it gave you an excuse to relax all day without getting in trouble. You watched as your parents pulled out of the driveway, leaving you alone in the house. As soon as they were out of sight you stood up to go to your closet.

You grabbed a couple of blankets then went back to your window. You set the blankets down before sliding the window open. You quickly spread the blankets out on the little perch under your window. You swiped a pillow from your bed and placed it behind you as you sat down on the little space you made.

This convenient hang out spot was covered just enough so that you didn't get rained on. You would hangout here daily to do whatever you wanted at the time like reading, playing video games, scrolling through social media, etc.

Once you were all set up you connected your earbuds to your phone so you could listen to music while staring at the rain. As the song started you stuck your hand out, feeling the cold drops of rain falling into the palm of your hand. Your eyebrows furrowed in confusion as you moved your hand away, only to reveal a moving truck. It was parked right across the street from your house.

You could see a bunch of unfamiliar faces unloading the truck. As you watched them in a totally not creepy way, a certain boy caught your eye. He popped up from behind the truck holding a box. Maybe you would finally have a friend your age in the neighborhood.

"Y/n!"

You were snapped out of your trance as you heard your mom call your name. You hurriedly took the earbuds from out of your ears. "Yeah?"

She cupped her hands over her mouth to yell out at you. "We're going to go greet the new neighbors. Want to come?"

You really didn't want to interact with people right now.

"Uh no thanks i'm good."

"Are you sure? By the looks of it there's a boy your age." She winked as she said the last part.

Your eyes widened. "Mom don't yell that out it's embarrassing."

She laughed. "Well then come down here."

You shook your head. "No i'm good, i'll just go next time."

"Alright fine."

You hoped your neighbors hadn't heard what your mom said. Because if he hadn't, you could have someone to watch the rain with.

Your gaze followed your parents as they made their way to the house next door. Your mother was holding a container full of lasagna, you assumed she was going to give it to them. Everything looked like it was going smooth, until the boy came back out that is.

You could sense your mom was going to find a way to mention you somehow. And soon enough, she was pointing at your direction. You immediately whipped your head the other way hoping they hadn't seen you staring at them. You 'casually' stood up and crawled back inside, closing the window as soon as both feet were on the floor.

You would get your things later tonight when your parents weren't embarrassing you. At this point you just wanted to hide away in your room. You flopped face forward onto the bed wishing that this moment would end soon. What a way to start off the day.