9

You groaned as you felt the annoying sun shine into your eyes. You yawned, getting up. It took you a second to fully render where you were. You had fallen asleep in the tree house with Ranboo by your side still fast asleep. You reached for Ranboo's phone that was next to him since you couldn't find yours. It read '1:08 PM' and he had a bunch of un answered messages from his mother. Panic ran through your body when you realized you were going to get caught.

You finally found your phone, you too had missed calls and messages from your parents. "Oh shit, Ranboo... Ranboo wake up it's the middle of the day and our parents know we snuck out get up."

He shot up with his eyes widened. You handed him his phone so he could see the messages. "Oh god we gotta go now."

You nodded, gathering all your things. The two of you both ran out, only separating when you went to your own houses. You bolted through the front door immediately being met with angry eyes.

"Someone finally decided to show up." Your mother's tone was very angry.

You looked beside her seeing your own father and Ranboo's parents. "Uh hey mom, dad. I can explain."

She crossed her arms. "Please do."

You were about to speak up when the one and only Ranboo ran into the room. "Y/n my parents aren't there what should I-" He stopped talking once he saw what was happening. "Oh hey mr and mrs L/n. Hey mom and dad what's uh what's happening."

Ranboo's parents eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Wait why're you two together? I knew both of you snuck out but I didn't know you did it together."

You and Ranboo glanced at each other nervously. "Well him and I we only snuck out so we could get to know each other more since we're neighbors and stuff. I mean you did tell me to try and socialize with him so."

Their eyes softened. "I suppose that's okay. But why so late at night?" Your mom asked.

"We both weren't available during the day." You lied.

Your fathers eyes narrowed at both of you. "And where exactly did you run off to, to 'get to know each other'?"

You didn't know what to say so you stayed silent.

"Well?"

"I brought Y/n to this park I saw when I first got here." Ranboo said.

You looked at him with a somewhat shocked expression on your face - you didn't expect him to answer for you.

"Hm, is this true Y/n? Did my son take you to this so called park?"

You nodded. "Mhm he did."

Your mother sighed. "Fine, your off the hook."

Both of your faces lit up. You looked up at him and smiled. He smiled back.

"But no more sneaking out."

"I agree no more of that."

"I promise we won't." You said.

Your mother now had her normally cheerful attitude back. "Now go walk them out."

You nodded as you opened the door for the family. You closed the door behind you before grabbing onto Ranboo's wrist to stop him. "Hey um thanks for not telling them about the tree house."

"No problem, I wouldn't want your secret safe space to, well, not be secret."

"Our secret safe space."