4

You quickly shut the door behind you, throwing your bag to the side. You sprinted over to the window and slid it open. Earlier this morning you had set up your blankets in your spot so you wouldn't have to when you got home. You took a deep breath in before sitting down. You inched forward so you could lay back with your legs up.

You closed your eyes to enjoy the silence, but it was quickly broken when a loud laugh erupted from downstairs. You let out a loud 'ugh' as you opened your eyes again. You were about to go on your phone when you felt a pair of eyes staring at you. You moved your head to where it was facing the house across from yours.

And just as you expected, there he was staring at you. He still had his backpack on, you guessed that he had just arrived home.

You slowly sat up so you wouldn't alarm him. "Hey tall kid!" You yelled.

He jumped slightly when he heard you. He looked around before pointing at himself.

You rolled your eyes. "Yes you, there's no one else around." You gestured for him to come over. "Come over here real quick."

You could tell he was shocked from what you said but he listened to you nonetheless, walking to you.

"Uh hi?" He looked up to where you were.

You peeked over the edge and down at him. "Can you climb up?"

He scratched his cheek in attempt to be less awkward. "I don't know honestly, i'm not really athletic."

You giggled softly. "Well your gonna have to get up here somehow." You held your hand out for him. "I can try to pull you up."

He looked skeptical. "Are you sure?"

"Yes just don't pull me down with you."

He took a deep breath in and out before taking your hand in his. You struggled to pull him up, you couldn't help but laugh as he tried to help by pushing him self up with the wall. Somehow, the two of you managed to make it up. You immediately fell back when he let go.

"Oh god are you okay?" He hovered over you.

You threw your head back, laughing. "Yeah i'm good, your face when I was trying to pull you up was hilarious though." You swiftly got up, you started to crawl through your window.

You looked back at him who was just standing there, his stance stiff. "Well are you gonna come in or?"

He nodded and tried to crawl through the window as well, failing miserably. You let out a short laugh before helping him in.

"Um you got something in your hair, uh here I got it." His hand moved over to your hair and plucked something out - it was a twig. He then threw out the window before turning back to you.

You smiled at him. "Thank you."

He ran a hand through his hair. "No problem."

Your eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Uh what's up with the glasses dude?"

"Oh sorry force of habit-" He quickly took his glasses and mask off.

You shrugged it off. "Weird habit but okay." You said, turning around.

You began to search through your bag while he looked around your room.

"Hey you have a PC too?" He asked.

You nodded, smiling. "Yeah I actually play a lot of video games." You threw your switch that was in your backpack on your bed.

"Huh, me too. I know this might sound weird but," He hesitated before saying it. "Do you happen to watch any youtubers, specifically in the Minecraft area?"

You shook your head as you faced your body towards him. "No I don't, I never really got around to it."

He looked relieved by your answer. "Okay cool."

You didn't want to question it just in case it made things even more awkward. So instead you handed him the papers you were supposed to give him earlier. "Here, my friend who's in your class told me to give these school papers to you."

He looked down at them before shoving it in his backpack. "Thanks."

You nodded in response as you sat down on your bed. The two of you sat in awkward silence. He was about to leave when an idea popped into your head.

"Hey."

You got his attention. "Hm?"

The corners of your mouth tilted up into a grin. "I want to show you something."