2

You buried your head into your arms, groaning. School was absolutely exhausting. Unfortunately though, you still had a couple more hours left.

Your head jolted up as your friends shook your shoulders. Darla and Madison had been your friends since the beginning of time or more realistically since middle school. Even though the three of you were complete opposites you still bonded in many ways.

"Come on Y/n it's time for lunch." Darla said while trying to pull you up.

You could hear Madi's stomach rumble at the word 'lunch'. "Yeah I really want to head over now. Plus, they're serving your favorite today."

After hearing them say lunch so many times you couldn't help but get hungry yourself. So you finally decided to listen and get up.

"Alright alright i'm getting up."

Darla put their hand on their hip. "Finally, I was beginning to think you were dead."

You rolled your eyes, grabbing your bag as you did. The three of you made your way out of the now empty classroom and began to walk through the very busy halls. You hated having to push through the crowds, there was always a chance your feet might get stomped on. And everyone seemed to be talking about some new kid but honestly, you could care less.

But it was soon over as you entered the cafeteria. Before you sat down you all got the schools lunch.

"Why were you sleeping at your desk anyways? Were you up all night playing video games again?" Madi asked.

You rolled your eyes. "No, I was actually trying to fix my sleep schedule for once but I couldn't even close my eyes without hearing my parents and the new neighbors laughing downstairs."

She quirked an eyebrow at you. "You got new neighbors?"

Darla chimed in. "How come you didn't tell us?"

You shrugged. "Well it didn't seem that important, plus they only moved in last week."

When you saw your new neighbors that day you could tell you weren't going to get any shut eye. And you were right, they would come over every night just to drink and talk. You didn't mind it except for the fact you never slept. And that boy, something was off about him. He was either really shy or really weird. You always found him staring at you whenever he was outside and you were hanging out on your little perch.

"Wow, a whole week and you didn't even try to tell us." Madi pretended to wipe a tear from her eye.

Darla crossed their arms. "I know right, how rude."

You laughed. "How about this. You guys can come over anytime you want this weekend."

Darla looked at you with guilt in their eyes. "Um I can't this weekend. My family and I are going to my grandparents, sorry."

"Yeah I can't either. My moms are taking me on a small vacation remember."

You were a little disappointed that they wouldn't be able to come over but at least they would get a break.

"Oh right, eh it's fine we can just hangout next time."

You all smiled at each other before the bell rang, meaning you would have to head back to class. You sighed as you grabbed your back pack and left with your friends.