Chapter 23:: Like this

Author's POV: 

"You all must've been so hungry!" The Queen said seeing you all munch on the food except for Taehyung who was eating quietly. 
"You all can some rest till afternoon. Then the lessons will start, especially for Y/N." The Queen said as you munched on your food faster than before in stress.
"It's okay. It's all easy. Don't stress out." Jin said as you nodded munching even faster.

-----At noon

"Hi. What are you doing?" You asked Taehyung who was sitting scrolling his phone. He looked at you before blinking a few times and started scrolling his phone again. 
"What are you doing~~" You cooed sitting beside him. 
"You know, my phone is on the charge, Mina and Jungkook are in the backyard and I don't wanna third-wheel, Jin Oppa is busy doing something, he probably fell for some girl and doesn't even know her name! He is now searching for her. How weird!" You said as Taehyung pretended not to listen but in fact, he was. He was listening to everything you were saying and enjoying it as well. 

"Well. Who is your first love?" You asked him as he stopped scrolling before ignoring you as he kept seeing his phone but his mind was somewhere else. 
"You know, I had my first love when I was in kindergarten! Funny right? I liked him so much!! He was kind of like you.. you know, very c-" You were talking when he smashed his phone on the table before yelling at you, "I AM NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR LOVELIFE." He said leaving as you looked down feeling hurt. 

"He didn't have to be so harsh to me.." You mumbled before looking down sighing. 
"I just won't talk to him." You said to yourself before huffing. 

----During the afternoon

"So Y/N, this is the list of guests and who they are to us. You have to remember it so you can greet the guests properly. Also, there will be a speech part so you have to prepare for it too." Jin said as you nodded seeing the list. 

"Mr Park, Paternal cousin of the King."
"Ms Selina, Maternal relative of the King."
"Mr Johnson, Mrs Johnson.."
"Mr Jeon and Mrs Jeon."
"Veronica Park... aunt of..." 

"I will go see some preparations for the party then come back to help you." Jin said as you nodded.

You read the info before sighing. "That's a lot." You said pouting sitting on the couch near the room. You kept re-reading the guest list but nothing got into your mind, instead, it messed up even worse. 

"Mr Park, aunt of Mrs Johnson- no! It's wrong! The correct one is... UGH, I CAN'T!" You screamed pulling your hair in frustration.

"Do you want help?" You heard a voice as you looked up to see Taehyung coming into the room. You made a 'tsk' sound ignoring him as he sat on the couch beside you knowing why you were acting that way. 

You kept reading the paper minding your business though you were internally dying to talk to him, who knew why? Maybe you had gotten used to blabbering around him for no reason. 

"You won't be able to remember anything if you read like that." He said as you huffed before saying, "Why do you care?! All you want to do is yell at me." You said pouting looking down as he replied, "Memorize it in an easy way. Use keywords that will help you remember the characters of the guests." He said pointing at the sheet as you looked carefully. 

"Mr Park like cotton candy! Soft and sweet!" You said as he looked down seeing your choice of keywords.
"Good idea!" You said before making keywords for everyone which made the memorizing even fun. At times, you said such weird things that made Taehyung almost bang his head on the wall. 
"Then I am a cute little sweet strawberry and you are an annoying sour lemon!" You said as he almost choked on his breath.
"What type of thinking is that?" He asked as you replied, "My type!" You said smiling cutely as he looked down letting out an airy laugh listening to your nonsense.

"Oh! You just laughed!" You said surprised as he coughed before pointing to the paper. 
"Focus." He said but your attention was all in his laugh, "You just laughed! YOU laughed! At ME!" You said smiling impressed as he sighed looking away, his face looking brighter than before. 
"Focus and memorize." He said looking away as you giggled focusing on the paper writing down stuff and reading.

Some minutes went by as you both were focused on the work. Truly, his idea and your impossible imagination made the work so much more fun than just memorizing them like an idiot. 

"I was angry." He suddenly said as you looked at him confused.
"When I yelled at you before, I was angry because you talked about your first love. Whenever you talk about your crushes, I get annoyed and mad at you. I don't know why." He said blankly as you looked at him analyzing his answer.

"Are you saying you like me?" You asked as he coughed looking away.
"I never said that." He said trying to sound cold but you were clever enough to know what was going on.
You chuckled before saying, "I thought you'd never like such a childish girl like me.." You said trying to tease him as he scoffed before saying, "I never said I like you. I just said you make me mad." He said as you laughed, 

"Sure, Mr Noob." You said as he looked at you with a glare while you kept on your tease face reading your info as if you don't care.
"Do you not care that I like you?!" He asked as you tried not to laugh before saying, "You said you didn't like me." You said trying to be bold but deep inside, you were dying out of shyness and happiness that he liked you. Of course, it was obvious enough you had little feelings for him, or maybe they were stronger than you thought.

"You just said you like me! Then shouldn't you be nice? Why are you still being so mean?" You asked as he sighed.
"I never said I like you! I just said that you make me mad!" He said as you sighed.
"WHY WOULD YOU BE Jealous of someone who you don't like? Now if a random woman comes up to you saying she is married, would you be jealous?!" You asked as he looked at you like you were spewing out some absurd nonsense.

"See!!" You said as he coughed looking away. "Just admit you like me!" You said as he looked at you in disbelief.
"Aren't you being too shameless for a girl?" He asked as you shoved your palm in front of him smiling cutely making him sigh. 
"So since you like me... why don't you just confess and I'll think of dating you." You said cockily as he scoffed.
"Aren't we already married?" He asked as you thought for a while.
"Then we can just be like a married couple!" You said as he looked at you confused. 
"I mean it like this..." You said before going near him and pecking his cheeks making his eyes widen. You looked at him innocently but soon tilted your head not understanding why he was frozen. Wasn't the one who said he was jealous and mad? Why is he all frozen now? 

"Why did you do that?" He asked as you replied, "I don't know either.. I thought I could." You said as he looked at you in disbelief. 
"Why are you all awkward? Wouldn't it be normal for us to act like this if we both like each other?" You asked as he looked away.
"You never dated, did you?" You asked as he avoided the question pretending not to hear you as you smirked.

"I don't like you." He said as you sighed.
"Then like me." You said staring seriously at him as he looked away. 
"If you do..." You stopped thinking before speaking again,

"Then I'll show you how you date!" You said excitedly as he looked at you blankly.
"I am not interested in your nonsense." He said as you hissed at him. "Since when do you have so much courage?" He asked as you replied, "Since the moment you started liking me~" You said as he made a 'tsk' sound at you before holding your wrist preventing you from moving around and teasing him. He stared at you dead in the eye making you gulp and adding butterflies to your stomach before sighing. 

"Fine, let's see. Who can date better." Taehyung said as you smirked nodding.
"We'll see." You said as he smirked at you back.