Chapter {15}

(1169 words)

Chapter 15 –

Devon and Bray- Lynne sat in the doctor's office. She had gotten blood drawn and did a urine test and they were now just waiting for the doctor to speak to them.

"I'm scared." Bray- Lynne whispered to Devon. He squeezed her hand.

"I know." Devon whispered back.

"Hello Bray -Lynne, my name is Dr. Hanna Rose." The Doctor introduced herself as she came into the room.

She did an overall exam on Bray, checking her weight, ears, blood pressure.

"Well I do have your test results back." Dr. Rose said.

Bray- Lynne held Devon's hand a little tighter, her nails digging into the back of his hand.

"You're not pregnant. Your menstrual being late is probably due to you just recently losing your virginity. It's a lot more common than people would like to think." Dr. Rose smiled at the pair.

"So I'm not pregnant?" Bray asked just to be sure.

"No you're not. What we can do is give you birth control if you would like. Lilly said you would be interested in that." Dr. Rose said. She had been a longtime friend and family doctor for DiCaprio's.

Bray-Lynne looked at Devon for his answer.

"It's your body love, it's up to you." Devon kissed her forehead. He couldn't make a decision like that for her.

"What type of birth control would you recommend?" Bray-Lynne asked Dr. Rose.

"The Nexplanon implant is the most common birth control I give out. It's a small implant that goes in your upper arm and it only takes about five minutes to put in. It lasts for three years and you can have it taken out and another one put in the same day, and if you do decide to have a child while the implant is still in you can give us a call and we can take it out for you. You can get pregnant just days after having it taken out." Dr. Rose explained.

"What about my periods?" Bray asked.

"They could be irregular for a while but some women have normal periods and some not at all. And there's nothing wrong with that. It's just the way a woman's body reacts to birth control." Dr. Rose explained.

"So when could you put this in, if I do decide to have it?" Bray asked. She was interested in this one. She had taken the pill when she was younger, but stopped it when her periods became irregular and she would have multiple minstrels a month, which to her was not normal.

"We could put it in today if you decide that's what you want." Dr. Rose stated.

"I think I'll go with that one." Bray- Lynne said not needing any more time to think it over. This is what was best for now.

"Great, I'll have the nurse come in and give you the paperwork and get you ready for me to put it in." Dr. Rose smiled before shaking the couple's hands and leaving the room.

"I love you." Devon said once the Dr. was out of the room.

Bray smiled looking over to Devon. "I love you to il mio amore."

"You know Italian too." Devon smirked.

"Si, parlo quattro lingue" Bray- Lynne spoke.

Devon just smiled before giving Bray- Lynne a kiss. Her lips were just as soft as always.

*-*

Two hours later Bray and Devon were sitting at the kitchen table enjoying a nice lunch as Devon video chatted with his sister. She had been disappointed when the news came in that Bray was not adding to the DiCaprio family.

"I was really hoping for a niece, that way I could do her hair." Karma stuck her lip out in a pout.

"Boy you better be pulling that out and giving me grandchildren soon!" Silvia yelled over the phone.

"Mother, you cannot say things like that!" Devon's father spoke up, while Devon's uncle Ronny laughed his butt off at his mother's words.

"I'm hanging up now." Devon said as he hit the end button.

"Well that was quite a phone call." Bray - Lynne spoke after the silence filled the air. She didn't like it when no one was talking.

"Yeah, is your arm doing okay?" Devon asked.

She looked at her arm. Just below her under arm was a small band aid, covering the small cut they made so that they could stick the needle in to inject the small birth control. Her arm was starting to bruise where they poked around to numb it and a yellow tint was left from the dye they used to clean the area with.

"Yeah it's good, just a little sore." She said after putting her sleeve back down. She was glad she did this. It meant no protection was needed and it would last for three years. So there was no need to take precautions or be extra careful.

"Good, I'm glad." Devon said as he picked up their dirty dishes and Bray-Lynne helped him put them into the dishwasher.

"What would you like to do now?" Devon asked.

"Well there's a small carnival in town, and I was hoping you could take me." Bray- Lynne said as she leaned against Devon, pushing him up against the kitchen sink as she pressed her body against his.

"You're a vixen." Devon said right before his lips found hers.

The kiss was short, but it wasn't gentle. Devon bit Bray's lips and lifted her up so her legs wrapped around his waist. He carried her to the living room and dropped her onto the couch, hovering over her he began to kiss down her jaw, to her neck and then just above her shirt collar.

"As much as I would love to finish this, babe we have plans." Bray-Lynne barely got out over her rugged breathing.

"Fuck your plans, I'd much rather just fuck you." Devon growled out.

"Devon Lorenzo DiCaprio, watch your mouth!" The two jumped apart as Lilly came into the living room, Karma right behind her.

"Nice hickey." Karma complemented.

Devon glared at his sister, while Bray's hand shot up to cover her neck.

"Karma, sweet heart; leave them alone." Lilly smacked the back of her daughter's head before walking over to Bray- Lynne.

"How the heck did you two get here so fast?" Devon suddenly asked. He had only hung up fifteen minutes ago.

"We had lunch down the road." Karma simply replied heading to his home office.

"Hanna called me. She told me you guys chose birth control, I'm so glad you guys are being careful and looking out for each other. "Lilly kissed the side of Bray's face before walking into the kitchen.

"Why don't you go enjoy the rest of your day while mom and I finish up some wedding stuff. We still have to book that beach for your wedding." Karma said as she walked back into the living room with a pile of papers.

"Yeah, let's get out of here." Devon said as he grabbed their jackets.

--

Trasnlation - Italian to English 

il mio amore - my love

Si, porlo quattro lingue - yes, i speak four languages