Chapter {12}

(1086 words)

Chapter 12 –

Devon stood in front of the bathroom mirror shaving, a towel hanging loosely on his hips. The warm water from the shower had relaxed his muscles.

Walking back into the bedroom he looked over to the bed where Bray-Lynne slept. She had been so upset with him that she hadn't even talked to him before going to bed. And when he had climbed into bed with her she had turned away from him.

He was going to have to figure out how to make this up to her. She was an amazing woman and didn't deserve any of what was happening to her.

It was after all his fault that she was in this mess to begin with.

He rummaged through his bag and pulled out some clothes, before grabbing his laptop and heading to the kitchen. He would make this right.

*-*

Bray-Lynne stretched her arms out as she opened her eyes and looked around the room. Devon was gone but he had opened the french doors letting in the warm breeze from outside that carried the smell of the sea with it.

Getting up she headed down the hall where she heard pans banging together and music playing. When she got to the kitchen she found a sight that was pleasantly enjoyable.

Devon was holding a pan in his hand and flipping a pancake as he danced to Thriller by Michael Jackson. She was enjoying the show.

When the song had ended and Devon was removing the pancake from the pan she decided it was time to make her presence known.

"Wow, if I knew you had moves like that I would have made you dance on stage at the club." Devon turned, seeing the smile that graced her beautiful face and her blue eyes shining bright.

He walked over to his iPod and put on another song. This time it was Flo Rida - My House.

As the song started playing Devon made weird moves with his hips and he danced his way over to Bray-Lynne who had begun to laugh uncontrollably.

"You are something else." Bray-Lynne whispered as Devon wrapped his arms around her, pulling her closer to him.

"I know." He smiled as he placed his lips against hers for a short, sweet kiss.

"What are we doing today?" Bray asked Devon as he went back to making breakfast for the two of them.

He didn't answer her right away which caused her to look at him.

"Devon?"

"Yes." He asked, placing two plates of food on the table and then taking a seat in front of her.

"What do you have planned for us today?" She asked again.

"Just some swimming." Was all he said as he began to eat his food.

Bray - Lynne and Devon sat in complete silence as they ate. All you could hear was the waves crashing against the shore outside and their forks scraping against their plates.

Bray loved to swim and it had been a while since she got to. She would go with Beth and the girls whenever they got a day off to the public indoor pool just down the road from her old apartment.

Just thinking about Beth caused her heart to ache. It had been so long since she saw or even talked to her.

Picking up her phone that was beside her she sent a quick text to Beth.

Bray: Miss you lots, can't wait to tell you all about my vacation!

"Are you done?" Bray asked, picking up her dishes and placed them in the sink.

"Yes."

*-*

"Can you swim?" Devon asked Bray - Lynne as he took a look at her. She was in an all white one piece bathing suit. He knew his sister had packed most of their swimwear.

"Of course, the question is, can you keep up?" Bray smirked as she took off into the water, her hair flying behind her.

Devon cursed before running after her. It didn't take long before he was wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling them both down into the water.

*-*

"Now try this." Devon lifted the fruit up to Bray's lips. Her eyes still closed.

"Mmm, that's really good."

"You wanna' know what it is?"

"Yes."

"It's star fruit." Devon leaned in kissing her lip. She kissed him back.

"You love kissing me, don't you?" Bray-Lynne asked, but a small smile was plastered on her face.

"Yes I really do love kissing you." Devon said as he once again placed his lips against hers.

Just then Devon's phone rang from the living room table, causing the two to groan and separate. Getting up Devon went to answer the phone as Bray kept eating the fruit he had plated up for her to try.

Devon came back into the kitchen with a smile lighting up his face.

"What made you so happy?" Bray asked, shoving a piece of coconut into her mouth.

"Get dressed, we're going into town." He said before racing off to the room.

When Bray - Lynne got to their room Devon was already in the shower. Grabbing some clothes she headed to the bathroom down the hall to shower as well. She still had sand and salt water in her hair.

Bray - Lynne stepped out of the shower, her hair sticking to her back. She could already see the tan her skin had from being out in the sun all morning.

There was a knock on the bathroom door. " I'll be in the living room."

Bray dressed in the outfit she had grabbed. It was a short summer dress that ended just above her knees. It was a nice peach color that went perfect with her new tan. She also put on a pair of strappy sandals. She then tossed her still wet hair up into a messy bun on the top of her head.

She looked at her reflection in the mirror.

"You look beautiful in that." She spun around to find Devon leaning up against the door frame. He had one black suit pants with a white crisp button down shirt. The sleeves were rolled up to his elbows.

"Thank you, I feel very beautiful tonight." Bray answered back truthfully. She was going to have to thank Karma later for packing the dress.

Devon smiled at her words. If only she knew how amazingly beautiful she truly was.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked, holding his hand out for her to take.

Bray - Lynne shook her head yes and grabbed his hand.