Chapter {11}

(577 words)

Chapter 11 –

Devon and Bray-Lynne were now lying down on the couch in the living room watching Ghost busters. Their body's molded together.

Devon and her at ease as the movie played.

"You wanna' fix something for dinner?" Devon suddenly spoke up. Bray- Lynne turned her head back to look at him, finding his eyes already glued to her.

"Yeah, let's go make something." She said a smile lighting up her face.

*-*

"What do you have?" Bray-Lynne asked as she rummaged through the fridge.

Devon walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist; she instantly leaned back against him.

"Um, we have chicken and then in the cupboard we have noodles and Alfredo sauce. Why don't we have that?" He whispered into her ear. Her arms wrapped around his as he talked.

"Okay." She whispered back to him..

He watched as she cooked, sitting back and enjoying the way she moved around the kitchen. She truly was beautiful. Her past didn't matter to him. He didn't care that she didnt come from money like he did.She was such a sweet and kind person. Sometimes that other person didn't deserve her kindness, but she still gave it to them anyway. He loved that about her.

Devon's phone buzzed on the table near him. Picking it up he read the text from his sister.

Karma - We have a problem!

Devon - The problem is?

Devon -Can't you take care of it?

Karma - Bray's house just burned to the ground. So no brother I can not take care of it!!!

Devon - What the hell do you mean her house burned down!? How did this even happen?

Karma - We're not sure, the police are still investigating, but my gut is telling me Jill's involved somehow.

Karma - Just make sure you guys stay there as long as possible. I don't want something happening to you guys because this psychopath thinks she can do what she pleases.

"Who are you texting?" Devon dropped his phone as Bray-Lynne came around the island with two plates full of food.

The sun was starting to set and it was leaving a pink glow behind the clouds.

"No one, I was just checking in." He kissed her lips and took their plates, heading outside on the deck so they could eat in the Brazilian sunset

*-*

"What the fuck is wrong with that bitch?" Devon looked wide eyed at Bray- Lynne as she walked back and forth in the sand in front of him.

He had to tell her, it was her home after all that had been burned down. He knew she would be angry.

"Bray you don't have to put up with this, you can leave at any time." But as the words left his lips he felt his stomach turn.

Would she really leave?

"Leave, I can leave at any damn time. As far as I know I signed a contract stating if I was to do anything of the sort you would ruin my life!" She yelled at him, her eyes shining with anger.

"Then I'll rip it the fuck up." He jumped up. He didn't like when she was mad at him.

The contract had really been a bad idea. Most of it was written out by Jill. She told him no one would marry him for just a few years and then get a divorce without taking everything he had. He had been stupid enough to believe the psycho woman.

He had to make it right with her.