Chapter {5}

(2006 words)

Chapter 5 –

Bray let Devon walk closer to her, her heart beating a mile per minute. She could see the dominant look in his eyes, telling her exactly what she wanted to know.

He was dominant.

She had learned a lot from her reading and knew about submissive, and dominants and the roles they played.

Did Devon have a submissive?

"So tell me Ms. Carder, what do you know?" Devon asks as Bray-Lynne bit her bottom lip.

He thought she looked so cute standing in the middle of the room, just biting her lip, teasing him.

If he didn't believe his own eyes he would not have believed the look of mischief that flashed through those blue eyes of hers.

"Not much, but maybe you could teach me, Sir." Bray-Lynne let her now swollen lip go.

She watched as Devon walked the rest of the distance between them and reached his hand out to touch her face. Once he did that he took his thumb and gently rubbed her swollen lip.

Bray's eyes fluttered shut as he touched her. It was like his hand was supposed to be there, like he was meant to touch her. Neither one understood this feeling, but they liked it.

Just as Devon leaned in closer someone started banging on the locked door.

This caused Bray-Lynne to open her eyes and jump back startled at the banging, and Devon to let go of her as he cursed under his breath.

Devon then walked to the door and slowly opened it, feeling angry at whoever it was for interrupting them.

Outside the door, two Washington state police officers stood, and they wanted to speak to Devon, alone. The officers took notice of the flush looking blonde behind him.

Bray-Lynne left the room leaving only Devon and the two officers. Devon was kind enough to offer the two officers a seat behind the desk with him.

"May I ask why you are here?" Devon asked, getting straight to the point, not wanting them here,in his club. That just left a bad image for him.

Especially since opening day was only days away. He knew all his permits were in place. So why else would cops be here?

"We received a call from a woman stating your former janitor was trying to steal from you." The first officer said.

"We were also told she's going around claiming to be your fiancée Mr. DiCaprio." The other officer said while chuckling. Not believing Devon DiCaprio was really engaged.

Devon knew exactly who was doing this. Not many knew about his engagement to Bray-Lynne.

He raised himself from his seat. So did the officers. Devon had spent time with these men before, when Jill claimed to be raped by a stranger, but that's another story all on its own.

"I can assure you, my fiancée and I are not fake. I am sorry you got a call under false pretenses." Devon said putting extra emphasis on the word fiancée.

Devon was going to have to talk to Jill about her job. If she was this angry as to call the cops and lie just to get rid of Bray-Lynne, then what else was she capable of?

After escorting the officers away; Devon went to look for Bray. He wanted to warn her not to have contact with Jill in case she started something and ran the women off.

But as he was thinking of where Bray could be he found an angry red faced Bray-Lynne and Jill in one of the many hallways. Hanging back a little Devon wanted to hear the two womens conversation.