Introduction

(715 words)

Introduction –

Devon was reading over a file when his friend Jason came barging into his office. Like always. Jason was one of those people who just didn't care about others' privacy or a 'do not disturb' sign.

"Hey man! Savannah and I are heading to that new club down the street wanna' come check it out with us?" Jason asked, taking a seat in one of the white leather chairs that sat in front of Devon's desk.

Devon Lorenzo DiCaprio was one of the richest bachelors in town. He had taken over his uncle's company and made it his own. He now also has a hand in the food industry and club life. He liked to explore different avenues.

"Devon man, come on." Jason said, dragging his friend's attention away from his work. He had a big meeting in the morning and he didn't want to go there tired because he spent all night at a club talking to girls he just wasn't interested in.

"Jason, I need to stay here and get work done." He looked away from his friend's pouty face and back to his work.

"Fine but don't blame me when you end up all alone with twenty cats." Jason got up while Devon began to laugh.

"I will not end up with twenty cat's Jason. I will find a good woman someday and I will live happily ever after." Devon sighed.

"You do realize you're almost thirty, right?" Jason looked at his friend with an eyebrow arched.

Devon waved his friend off while he got back to his work. If only Jason knew what was really going on.

It was only a few hours later when one of the janitors entered Devon's office to clean up. He noticed it was a woman; a young woman at that. She had to have been the same age as Devon. He watched as she moved around the room.

"Excuse me?" Devon asked, catching the young woman's attention.

At first Bray-Lynne was taken aback. She hadn't even noticed the man sitting behind the desk. She was just trying to get her work done so she could go home.

"Yes Mr. DiCaprio?" She asked; her slight accent present.

"You are one of the janitors here?" He asked her.

"Yes Mr. DiCaprio I am." Bray-Lynne said, giving Devon a small smile.

He didn't understand the flutter that erupted through him.

Devon took a good look at the young woman, her blonde curly hair tossed up into a messy bun on the top of her head and her bright blue eyes seemed to twinkle.

"Why do you work here?" He asked. He wanted to smack himself in the face the second he asked. Why the hell was he even asking her this?

"Because like the rest of the world I need the money. Why do you work here?" She asked the man, even though she already knew why he was here. He owned the company.

"Well I own this company so that's why I'm here." Devon answered her back with a chuckle.

"Oh well isn't that exciting." Bray- Lynne chuckled out.

She said a quick goodbye to Devon and went about finishing her work for the night. She worked with her best friend and roommate.

Beth had been her best friend since kindergarten and after the sudden passing of both Bray- Lynne's parents Bray moved into the small basement like apartment that Beth's husband Jack set up for her. It was nice to be around family and Bray loved watching Beth's twins while Jack and Beth went out on dates or to events.

When Devon was done with his work, he got up and headed to the elevators. He pushed the ground floor's button and waited for the metal box to come. His driver Miguel was outside waiting on him. He had been his father's driver as well.

When Devon got to the main floor he noticed a certain blonde haired woman picking up her bag off the floor as a yellow taxi came into view of the building.

He watched as she got into the taxi with another woman who he knew worked for him and then watched as the taxi drove off.

He then got into his own ride and headed home himself. He was tired and tomorrow was going to be a long day. 

Hello old readers, and new!

I have spent over a year going over this story in my free time and editing it. I do hope it flows better for you all and I hope you enjoy it. 

Now that this story is finished I do plan on working to get it published into an actual book. 

I honest do thank you all for everything. 

Dont forget to comment, vote and shear,

Till next time my groot friends,
Bubbleslishes aka Brittany