chapter{9}

(1312 words)

Chapter 9 -

The two broke apart, gasping for air. Their lungs burned from lack of oxygen.

Bray-Lynne's hands fisted Devon's shirt. His arms wrapped around her slim figure, holding her up and against him. Her legs tightly wrapped around his waist. She couldn't remember how her legs ended up around his waist, or how the blind fold ended up on the floor.

"That was... That was just..." Bray-Lynne said breathlessly. She was still trying to catch her breath, and so was Devon.

Devon looked her in the eyes, but before he could say a word, someone else did.

"You've never kissed me like that." Her voice sounded like nails on a chalkboard.

Devon and Bray-Lynne jumped, looking over to the far corner of the room they found Jill sat staring at the both of them.

Devon had no idea how she had gotten into the room. There was only one way into this part of the club and it was blocked off by two of his best bouncers.

"Then again, I've never truly understood you Devon." Jill spoke again, getting up and walking closer to the couple.

Devon sat Bray- Lynne down and with her feet back on the ground he gently pushed her behind him.

He then discreetly as possible pressed the panic button that was under his desk.

Jill looked at Bray-Lynne. She thought the poor girl was trying too hard. She didn't at all look like a professional woman. More like a slutty whore that you pick up from one of those low rated bars.

Jill believed she was the only woman that could ever please Devon, and that she was the only one that could give him the pleasures he so desperately desired.

Devon spoke, taking Jill's attention away from Bray- Lynne. "You need to leave, NOW!" Devon demanded.

Devon was sick of Jill's childish, jealous games. She was a grown woman acting like a sixteen year old who was going through her first break up.

"Do you truly want me to leave?" Jill asked as she stepped up to Devon, pulling at the collar of his shirt.

Bray-Lynne could see and feel Devon tensing up.

"Yes, we do." Bray-Lynne said, fed up with Jill.

Jill eyed Bray-Lynne, shocked that the little tramp would speak up and try to tell her what to do.

Jill felt rage fill her body. Devon was supposed to be her's.

Jill suddenly pushed Devon. Devon, not expecting the push wobbled slightly to the side trying to regain his balance again.

In a split second Bray- Lynne raised her fist up and connected with Jill's face.

Jill screamed; instantly reaching for her face as blood seeped through her fingers.

"If you think for a single second that I'd let you just waltz in here and try to ruin my night; my life, you can think again. Devon and I will get married, and because I'm a nice bitch I'll have the entire thing taped and sent to you while you're locked away in your nice padded cage. Are we understood?" Bray-Lynne's fists were bald up and her eyes glazed with anger as every word she spoke left her clenched teeth.

Bray-Lynne stood up straighter, smoothing her dress out and then looking down at the hand that she had punched Jill with. Her knuckles were busted open and bleeding. She could also see faint bruises forming around the broken skin.

The pain wasn't really noticeable.

She looked over at Devon, a flutter in her chest as she noticed the hard on he sported and the look of pure pride in his eyes.

Devon was at a loss for words. Seeing Bray – Lynne stand up for herself and hit Jill was an extreme turn on. Not to mention the amount of pride he felt for her.

He had no idea why Bray's anger turned him on so much. He wanted to bend her over the desk in the corner and fuck her till she was begging for him to let her cum.

"I think my hand may be broken." Bray spoke as she finally registered the pain that went through her fingers.

It didn't take long for the police to show up and take Jill away.

They took Devon's statement and then Bray-Lynne's. Took some pictures of her hand and left.

Devon and Bray left shortly after through the back doors, Devon insisted on her seeing a doctor for her hand.

*_*

Bray flinched as the doctor poked around at the broken skin.

He didn't say anything as he worked. Just cleaned her hand and wrapped it up.

"There are no broken bones, just a lot of bruising and some swelling. You're lucky Ms. Carder." The doctor spoke after he was finished.

Devon sighed in relief, he didn't know what he'd do if Bray had broken her hand.

"So I'm good to go home now?" Bray asked.

It was four am and she was exhausted.

She just wanted to go home, shower and go to bed.

"Yes I'll have the nurse bring you your paperwork." The doctor said as he exited the room.

Thirty minutes later the two were sitting in Devon's car and heading back to her place.

"How did your car get here?" Bray asked after a minute. They had taken the limo to the club and then the same limo to the hospital.

"My mom and dad dropped it off." Devon said, sending a smile her way.

He had talked to his father while they were dropping his car off. Bray had been getting x-rays done.

He had decided to take Bray- Lynne on a trip. One she would love. His father was going to take care of it all for him. So all he had to worry about was getting Bray there.

"Wanna talk about tonight?" Devon asked.

"Did you ever feel something for her?" Bray asked. She needed him to tell her.

"No, I have never felt anything for her. We did sleep together once, about four years ago. She became really clingy after that and I should have fired her a long time ago.." Devon said truthfully.

"She made up an imaginary relationship with you." Bray-Lynne never understood women like Jill. She was obsessed with someone that would never love her the way she loved them.

"I never thought any of this would happen. I am truly sorry I got you mixed up in my mess." Devon turned the car off and looked at Bray.

"Don't... I mean I'm not sorry." Bray said, leaning over so her lips could lightly touch his. Giving him a gentle peck before exiting the car.When Devon finally did make it into the house, Bray was already in the shower. He took his shoes and shirt off before getting into her bed and flipping through the TV channels trying to find something to watch.

When Bray- Lynne got done with her shower, she dressed in her night wear and then climbed in bed with Devon, cuddling up to him and falling fast asleep.

*_*

Bray-Lynne woke up to fingers running through her hair. She felt so relaxed. She was glad he had stayed over. It was nice sleeping next to him. He had held her all night, not once letting her go.

She felt happy for the first time in a long time. She just wanted it to stay like this.

Bray noticed Devon typing away on his phone, a smile on his face. He also ditched his shirt and left her to drool over his well-defined chest.

"So I have plans." Devon announced.

"These plans are?" Bray mumbled. Her arm wrapping around Devon's torso.

Devon chuckled."It's a surprise, now get ready before the plane leaves us."

Bray did as she was told. Packing things that he tossed onto the bed telling her to pack. Once everything was packed, Devon loaded the bags and a few extra into the car before a driver took them to the airport.

He wanted to indulge Bray in the finer things. He knew she didn't come from the same background as him, so this trip. It had to be perfect.