Chapter {8}

(2078 words)

Chapter 8-

Bray-Lynne looked at herself in the mirror. She was impressed by Karma's skills, but the dress was a little too short. It was more so a long shirt than a dress.

It ended just above her knees. Her legs, silky smooth from all the painful wax strips Karma and Lilly had used.

She would never understand the pain women went through just to get hairless legs and other regions. To her it just wasn't worth it. She would just stick with her razors and shaving gel to remove the unwanted hairs.

Karma and Lilly had also spoken about her upcoming honeymoon, and how she was going to have to go lingerie shopping with them soon.

She had never worn anything close to sexy before, but as Karma said; a good man is always in need of a good tease.

"You don't think it's too short?" Bray asked as Lilly handed her a pair of black ankle boots.

She had not expected Lilly to agree with such a choice of clothing, but she did and Bray-Lynne was stuck in the knee length, tight, long sleeved black dress.

"You look stunning sweetheart!" Silvia handed Karma the brush.

Bray's hair was still wet from the shower and it needed to be dried and left in its natural waves. As Karma put it. She had also complained many times about how unruly Bray's hair was.

Lilly pushed Bray-Lynne down into one of the many kitchen chairs while Silvia poked around in a makeup kit.

"Mother used to be one of the top makeup artists in California. Everyone wanted to get their makeup done by the one and only Silvia DiCaprio." Lilly stated as she drug a bunch of extension cords into the kitchen.

Bray could hear Devon and his uncle talking in the living room. She also knew that Devon's dad had left to rent a limo so the two didn't have to drive one of Devon's cars to the club's grand opening.

She couldn't believe all this was really happening, but she knew she needed to keep her head up high and her mind clear, because even with all the extra security tonight; Jill was bound to make a scene.

Silvia got to work on Bray-Lynne's makeup while Karma and Lilly did her hair. Bray was amazed that after an hour of her hair being pulled in every which way that she still managed to have hair when they were done.

*-*

Devon sat in the living room with his father and uncle, enjoying a glass of Scotch.

He could hear his mother, sister and grandmother gushing over makeup and hair. He couldn't tell the difference between a foundation and primer. It was all the same to him, a waist.

Women seemed to be more appealing to him without all the clown makeup on. He had fine taste and that was exactly why he chose Bray-Lynne.

He knew either way she would look beautiful, but just thinking about what might happen with Jill tonight made every nerve in his body come alive with anger.

He had made sure to add extra security, but if he knew Jill as well as he thought he did, she would definitely make an appearance tonight. And it wouldn't be for the good.

"She's done!" Silvia sang as she walked into the living room.

Silvia noticed how tense all three men were, even with a drink in hand, but if there was one thing she was for sure of; it was that this Jill chick was not going to lay a finger on her family. She would make sure of that. She had friends in low places that owed her some favors. Maybe she should call them up and ask them for that favor.