Chapter {31} Epilogue

(828 words)

Chapter 31 –

"Good morning love." Devon whispered into Bray's ear as he kissed the side of her head before taking a seat across from her.

"Good morning." Bray- Lynne smiled at her husband.

She had woken up early that morning and made a secret phone call to Karma checking in on their baby's.

Even with an 8 hour time difference and it being five am when she called it was only eight at night in Seattle.

Karma had reluctantly let her video call to see the twins, and Bray was overjoyed to see her baby's doing well without her and Devon.

"Did you enjoy the phone call you made this morning?" Devon asked, giving his wife a slight smirk.

Bray's cheeks turned red. She hadn't realized Devon had heard her on the phone.

"I missed them." Bray admitted, not at all feeling guilty about her early morning phone call.

"I miss them as well. So how were they?" Devon asked, picking up a piece of toast and putting some butter and jelly on it.

"Surprisingly well and your sister still has a head full of hair." Bray- Lynne said laughing at her joke.

Devon chuckled but said nothing else as he began to eat.

Once the two were finished eating they took a shower and got ready for the day.

"So what will we be doing today?" Bray asked as she tossed her hair up into a bun on the top of her head.

She wasn't in the mood to mess with her hair all day and she didn't have the skill to make it look pretty like Karma did.

"You will see when we get there my love." Devon said before giving his wife a kiss and lacing their fingers together.

They walked together to a car that was waiting outside for them.

They sat in a comfortable silence, enjoying the ride to their destination.

*-*

She must have fallen asleep because the next thing she was aware of was Devon whispering in her ear and telling her it was time to get up because they were there.

"Where are we?" She asked, blinking her eyes a couple of times and then rubbing them as the light nearly blinded her sleepy eyes.

"Ingolstadt." Devon whispered, watching as his wife froze up.

"D- Devon you brought m-me here?" Bray asked, turning around taking in her surroundings as tears welled up in her eyes.

"You made a promise to yourself and as your husband I wanted to help you complete it." Devon said, watching his wife.

"Devon I- I don't know what to say." Bray said.

She was at a loss for words. Devon had brought her all the way to the same place her parents first met, just so she could toss their ashes into the lake.

"But wait, we didn't bring their ashes." Bray said feeling her heart deflate a little.

Devon smiled at her before picking up a small tan colored bag that she hadn't noticed before.

"I would never forget something so important." Devon said.

Bray- Lynne wrapped her arms around him giving him a tight hug before letting go and joining him as he led them to the lake they needed to be at.

It felt surreal as they stopped in front of the large lake.

She could picture her parents sitting on the bench beside her holding hands and laughing at one of her father's not so funny jokes.

Her mother would always laugh at them whether they were funny or not.

"It's time to let them go." Bray said as a sob broke past her lips.

"Love you don't ever have to let them go just set them free." Devon said, handing her the urn that their ashes rested in.

Bray-Lynne took a deep breath before walking closer to the lake.

She could feel as though the weight was being lifted off her shoulders, and she could also feel her parents standing right there with her.

She opened the lid to the urn revealing their ashes.

"I will see you again one day; I will thank you for my life and for always believing in me. I love you both so much." She whispered before tipping the urn and letting them fly away with the wind.

"It's okay love." Devon whispered as he wrapped his arms around his wife and pulled her closer to him as she sobbed.

He couldn't fathom the pain she was feeling, but he did hope she felt his love and support.

Bray opened her eyes just as two white doves flew by circling one another.

A small smile graced her face; because she knew her parents were watching over her and no matter where she went they would always be with her.

"I love you so much Devon DiCaprio." Bray said as she looked up and into Devon's eyes.

His eyes sparkled at her words.

"I love you too Bray- Lynne DiCaprio." He said before leaning down and kissing her lips.

~ The End ~

Hey guys, I hope you have enjoyed reading this story as much as I have writing it. 

Till next time my groot friends, 
Bubbleslishes aka Brittany