Chapter {17}- part 1 ( rated r)

(2113 words)

Chapter 17 - Part one

( this chapter is rated r, please skip that section and enjoy the rest of the chapter. )

"I can't believe he did all this for you." Beth gushed as she looked around the room. It used to be an old meeting room that was connected to Devon's office. But now it was Bray -Lynne's office.

Both women sat in the room on the small love seat facing the floor to ceiling glass window. It was mid-day and raining.

"I still can't believe he did all this for me, and he gave me my own project." Bray- Lynne pulled out the blue folder containing her project.

"Can I see?" Beth asked.

"Sorry, confidential." Bray- Lynne chuckled as her friend pouted.

"Anyway, how are Jack and the girls?" Bray asked. She had missed her best friend. It had felt like years since she just sat around chit chatting like normal people do. Not that being with Devon wasn't normal, but she liked the good ol' days when things were less complicated.

"They are doing fine. The girls miss you a lot, but you're always busy now." Beth eyed her friend.

"I'm sorry." Bray- Lynne couldn't say anything else. Beth was right. She was always busy.

"It's fine, I just wish you would talk to me more, like we used to. I don't want you marrying him and then running off and forgetting about the ones who were there when you had no one." Beth was upset. Bray- Lynne could tell. And she was right; Beth and Jack were the only one's there when no one else was. She could never forget about them. They were her family.

"Beth, I'm never going to leave you, or forget about you guys. I've been so busy and trying to adjust to this new life that I just didn't want to call you and drag you into all this Jill drama." Bray sighed.

"Where is Jill now?" Beth asked.

"Devon had her locked up somewhere, where she could get the help that she needed." Bray- Lynne sighed.

"Has she tried anything since?"

"No nothing, which is what really scares me. She was dead set on getting Devon." Bray got up and walked over to the window, looking down at the pouring rain and all the people running about, trying not to get wet.

Beth got up and walked over to her friend. Putting her arms around Bray's side and hugging her.

"Everything will be okay. He chose you Bray, and if she can't accept that. Then she's crazy." Beth whispered in assurance to her friend. She was happy that Bray -Lynne had found someone to love her and that accepted everything about her.

"Yeah, well she's more than crazy. She gives real crazy people a bad name." Bray- Lynne and Beth both laughed at Bray's joke.

A couple more hours passed before Devon walked into Bray's office. He had been in meetings most of the day, and now he just wanted to spend time with the woman he loved.

"I'll see you guys later!" Beth shouted as she made her way out of Bray's office.

Devon looked at Bray- Lynne. "How was your day?"

"It was fun, thank you so much for this." Bray- Lynne spoke as she gestured around the room.

Devon took a seat on the small sofa and motioned for her to come sit with him.

"I truly do love pleasing you." Devon smirked as he pulled her so she was sitting on his lap.

"Come on, lover boy, we have to go get clothes for the party tonight." Bray smiled as she got up and held her hand out for him to take.