Chapter {27}

(1720 words)

Chapter 27 –

"Do we have to?" Bray-Lynne complained as Devon helped her put her shoes on.

"Christmas is in literally one week and we have done no shopping. And besides stretching your legs is good for you, the doctor said so." Devon scolded his wife. For the past month she has been laying around and only getting up when she needed to use the bathroom and to take a bath. Other than that she didn't want to move. She was sleeping all the time and Devon was starting to get concerned.

So at the doctor's advice he was making his very pregnant wife get up and do some Christmas shopping with him.

No he wouldn't make her walk a long distance and for hours on end, but it would be good for her to get up and do some walking so she doesn't develop a blood clot in her legs.

"Fine whatever." Bray- Lynne snapped.

Devon wanted to laugh at her mood swings, but he knew if he did it would only set her off so he kept his mouth shut and just helped her get ready.

Once they were ready Devon helped her down the stairs and to the car, it was raining outside so he made sure they both had an umbrella.

Devon made it to the first store in no time, all the while Bray-Lynne complained about each and every bump, car and the rain hitting the car.

"Love, please." Devon said to her as he parked the car.

He got out and walked over to help her out. It only took a few minutes before they were inside the rather large shopping center.

"So what are we looking for?" Bray asked. She knew she was being a little too much, and was thankful Devon didn't question her. He just stuck by her side and helped her through even her toughest days.

She was also glad he made her get out of bed because seeing all the Christmas decorations made her feel happy and warm on the inside.

"Let's try and find something for Rose and Daisy, they made us a list." Devon laughed as he pulled out two pages of notebook paper with messy handwriting on them.

"Of course they did. You know I've never been able to get them anything on those lists." Bray said, taking the list from Devon and reading over everything the girls wanted.

"Well maybe this year we can get them everything and more." Devon said, smiling at her.

"You're amazing." Bray said before grabbing his head and pulling it down to give him a quick kiss.

"But only for you." Devon said, kissing his wife back and then heading off to the toy store.

The two spent hours shopping, Devon had made sure they took regular breaks and that Bray was staying hydrated. He also made sure she ate twice before they headed home.

"How in the hell did you two fit all this in that small ass car of yours?" Blue asked as he helped Devon carry all the things they had bought into the house and up to the bedroom where Bray had ordered.

She was excited to wrap all the gifts, because wrapping was something she loved to do during the holiday season.

"How much stuff did you two buy?" Karma asked as she watched Blue and Devon packing the bags up the stairs.

Bray was resting on the sofa, with her feet up on the table and her hand rubbing soft circles around her belly.

Karma watched in awe as one of the babies kicked out and Bray's belly moved. You could see the movement and that alone was amazing. She could also see the smile that lit up Bray's face as she watched her babies move.