chapter {26}

(1331 words)

Chapter 26-

"Devon, please bring me that book." Bray- Lynne said pointing to just one of the many children's books they had bought.

They were in Devon's library putting books up and waiting for Lily to come over and look at the nursery they had finally finished the night before.

"This book?" Devon asked.

"Yes, that one." Bray sarcastically commented.

She had been snappy and moody the last couple of weeks and she was adding it up to be from the lack of sleep because she was just so uncomfortable even in her own skin.

She couldn't wait to have her babies born and to hold them for the first time. She and Devon were just so overjoyed. But hormones were causing her to be more irritable than she normally was.

"Don't you think we should be picking out names, I mean we only have like four or so months to go?" Devon asked after handing the book to his wife and her placing it on the shelf with all the other children's books. He had cleared an entire shelf for just the twin's books.

"I was looking at some names last night and I kind of Like Lucas and Damian for boys." Bray said.

"Those are okay names; I like Lucas but Damian really?" Devon asked, eyeing his wife.

"Yes it is a nice name." She said, eyeing him back.

"What about Axle or Alex?" Devon asked.

"God no, so we agree on Lucas but nothing else huh?" Bray asked, giggling a little.

"Yes, what about Manny?"

"It's okay but it doesn't go with Lucas, they are twins and I've noticed a lot of people match up twins names." Bray said. She and Devon really liked Lucas and they needed another name to match it.

"Okay how about Marcus?" Devon suggested.

"No." Bray- Lynne said instantly.

"What's wrong with Marcus?" Devon asked, finally taking a seat beside his wife who was sitting on the floor in front of the book shelf.

"Beth once dated a boy named Marcus and he was just a complete jerk so now I hate the name and so does she." Bray explained.

"But our son would be nothing like the Marcus that Beth dated." Devon said.

"I know, but don't you ever have a bad experience with someone and then that name is just ruined for you?" Bray asked. She had this thing that if someone with that name did something bad to her that name was ruined for her. It was a quirk that she had.

"No, I've never heard of something like that." Devon laughed at his wife's example.

"Do not laugh at me." Bray snapped suddenly feeling frustrated.

"OH baby I'm not laughing at you." Devon said, kissing his wife's cheek.

"Okay, okay enough with the boy names, what about the girl names?" Devon asked.

"I was thinking about Eliza." Bray mumbled feeling a lump in her throat.

"That was your mom's name." Devon started taking his wife's hand and squeezing it tightly.

"Yeah it was." Bray said.

"Well I think it's perfect." Devon said.

"So we need two more names." Bray laughed out this is how it was every time they tried to pick out names. They could only ever agree on one but they needed two.