Chapter {19}

(1397 words)

Chapter 19 - Karma's pov.

I walked up the long winding driveway. I hadn't really given anyone a reason as to why I left, just sent a text to my mom letting her know I needed some air. The past twenty four hours have been a total disaster.

When I got to the door I didn't really knock, I just opened it up and walked in. What I didn't expect was to find him half naked making out with some blonde bimbo on the dining room table.

"Can't you get a room?" I asked. The pair broke up. His eyes narrowed into slits, but bimbo was nearly screaming as she raced to get her clothes.

"I thought you said no one lived with you!" She screamed at him. I should have known sooner or later he was going to get his new personal assistant in bed.

"Do you mind, always barging in on me, can't you get a life?" He asked. The women finally finished getting dressed and then in no time was racing past me and out the still opened front door. Well then.

"I will, once Bray - Lynne comes out of a coma and Devon is found." I mumbled.

"Wait, what?" He stopped and looked at me with his eyes nearly bugging out of his skull.

"You heard me; I need your help. Someone caved in the stage they were standing on. Hearing everything that's wrong with Bray only makes me worry more about what could be wrong with my brother." I wiped the trader's tears away. I was not going to cry again.

"What do you need me to do?" He asked.

"I need you to find out everything there is to know about Jill White and Keith Mason. I believe they are behind all this."

"Isn't that the girl your brother fired for trying to come in between him and Bray - Lynne?" He asked.

"Yeah, and Keith Mason is apparently head over heels for Bray - Lynne. Her friend Jack told us. Said he's some kind of pervert and Bray never even looked his way." I walked over to the couch and took a seat.

"Okay, I'll go make some phone calls, and then we can head to the hospital and be with your family. Bray's going to need you." He patted my back and walked away. He could be kind and caring, when he wanted to be, but Blue Alexander was a heart breaker.

I looked around the room; it was the same as it had been when I moved out. Nothing's changed. Blue would never change, and that's why we couldn't be together.

I tossed my bag onto the coffee table and removed my shoes. Grabbing the throw blanket off the back and snuggling up to a pillow, I could feel my head starting to throb and my eyes burning from lack of sleep. Just a little nap, I thought as I closed my eyes and let sleep consume me.

--------------------------------------------

Devon's pov -

The first thing I noticed when I started to wake up was the amount of pain shooting from my foot to my knee. I knew for sure my leg was broken and a slight throb was coming from the back of my head and every time I took a deep breath my ribs would protest.

I was only able to open one of my eyes, the other swollen and sealed shut. Dried blood caked the side of my face and the suit I had been wearing was torn and covered in blood and dust.

With the one eye I could see out of I was able to look around. The room was small, three cement walls, and one was made of steel bars. Kind of like a jail cell. The floor I was on was damp from water and the smell was so bad.

I could hear water dripping somewhere in the distance and could feel a cool breeze coming from a crack in the wall.

I did my best and managed to pull myself up into a sitting position.

Where the hell am I?

"Good, you're awake." I jumped slightly at the voice, but regretted it as pain shot through my entire body.

She was leaning up against the bars smiling at me.

"What the hell did you do Jill?" I spat out at her. I was angry.

"I did what I should have done a long time ago, I got rid of that bitch that stole you from me." She went from happy to angry in just a split second.

"She stole me from you? Are you fucking insane Jill, we were never together!" I yelled out, my blood boiling with anger. She could have killed me; she could have very well killed Bray - Lynne, who knows?

"You don't get to talk to me like that Devon." She leaned down so she was squatting, holding on to the bars.

"You're crazy!" I spat out with as much venom in my voice as I could manage. The amount of pain I was in was almost unbearable.

"She's more than that." I looked away from Jill, just noticing Keith standing a little ways away, in the shadows.

"Keith, didn't I tell you to follow Lilly and Johnny around?" Jill asked him.

"Why follow my parents?" I asked. What the hell was she going on about?

Jill looked back at me, eyes in narrowed slants. "Because they will protect her no matter what, and all I need is a second, and then I can finally finish her off."

Her words should have scared me, but they didn't, because I knew for now, Bray- Lynne was still alive.

-------------------------

Karma's pov -

(5 days later)

I looked at her swollen and bruised face. She was still beautiful. My mom had brushed her hair out and the nurses had helped give her a sponge bath.

She was breathing on her own, so she didn't need the tube down her throat anymore. I had almost lost it the first time I saw her three days ago.

She was laying in that bed. A tube running down her throat as another one went down her nose. She had a white bandage around her hair and her leg was wrapped.

Her arm was secured to her body and she was so swollen and bruised. I almost asked the doctors if this was the right room. She didn't look like herself.

They said she was well enough to have the tube removed last night, and they stopped the medication that was keeping her in a coma. Now all she had to do was heal and wake up on her own.

"You look like you're about to kill that foam cup." Blue took a seat in the empty chair beside me.

He, my dad and uncle have been at the office working on finding where Jill was keeping Devon but no luck.

My mother was keeping Beth and Jack busy, still planning the wedding. I had told her over and over again that it was canceled. But since they had picked the date for next June, mom had argued she had a year to make this the best wedding anyone had ever seen.

"If I told you I had already smashed four of these stupid cups, and managed to burn my hand with the coffee, would you laugh?" I looked at him sideways, raising an eyebrow.

He just chuckled and grabbed my hand.

"You should stop beating yourself up. She's going to wake up. And when she does, Devon will be here to comfort her."

I wanted so badly to believe him. I really did, but without anything for five days. I was starting to lose hope. And hope was all we had.

---------- (A couple of hours later) ----------------

I reached in front of me and grabbed the picture my uncle had tossed down on the table. They had called Blue and told him they had found something.

Devon was still in Washington, but he wasn't in Seattle. And I know this because I'm looking at a picture of Jill and Keith in a small supermarket in Port Angeles, buying first aid kits.

"Have you shown the cops this?" I asked.

"What do you think?" Blue looked at me.

"What do we do?" My mother asked. Beth and grandma had stuck back with Bray.

My father smirked at us. Oh boy. "We go get our boy back."