Chapter {22}- Rated R

(2539 words)

( this chapter is rated r, if you do not like that please skip to next chapter)

Chapter 22 –

The nurse took some blood work and made Bray take a urine test. She had to have a nurse help her since she still couldn't walk on her own. She was confined to the bed.

Devon and her then cuddled up on the bed, Lilly and Johnny sitting in the two chairs that were in the room. Everyone else was in the hallway.

"Well we got your blood work back." The doctor said as he walked into the room.

"And?" Devon asked. He could feel his heart racing, and he knew very well that Bray's was doing the same thing.

"You're pregnant." The doctor said, smiling at the couple.

"What about the ultrasound?" Lilly asked.

"I've already called the ultrasound technician and she's on her way up." The doctor said before congratulating the couple and exiting the room.

"We're gonna have a baby." Bray -Lynne mumbled.

She moved her hands to her stomach and she could feel how hard her stomach had become.

"I need a phone." Devon blurted out. Everyone in the room looked at him.

"What the hell do you need a phone for?" Lilly asked.

"I need to get a priest or something here; we obviously can't go anywhere so no better place than here." Devon looked at Bray - Lynne. She was staring into space.

"I think she went into shock." Johnny commented.

"No, no I... Um, we're gonna have a baby." She looked at Devon this time.

"Yeah, we're gonna have a baby." He grabbed her face and kissed her with so much love and passion.

--------------------------------

Someone had managed to get an officiator to the hospital within five minutes, and now everyone was gathered in the room watching, and crying as Devon and Bray -Lynne exchanged vows.

"Bray - Lynne I promise to love you, I promise to cherish you, Promise to worship the ground you walk on and to never take advantage of the love you give me, because without you I would be nothing.

Bray you have given my life so much meaning, and nothing in the world could ever change that, or the way I feel for you, for our child. My love for you has grown so much over the past couple of days, you're my world.

You're my heart; you are everything I have ever wanted and more. I can't imagine a world without you in it. You have also blessed me with love and I hope one day we are sitting in rocking chairs watching our children play with their children, because forever with you just sounds so amazing. You're going to make an amazing mom, and I wouldn't want to be doing this with anyone but you. I love you." Devon finished, tiers slid down his cheeks as he professed his love for the woman in front of him. He then slid a ring onto Bray's finger.

Bray couldn't contain her tiers either. Devon reached up and wiped them away before smiling at her.

"Bray- Lynne you may speak your vows now." The priest said after a second.

"Devon, before you, everything was so dark. I didn't have a clue on what to do with my life. I was a nobody, but with your love you have shown me how to be me and for that I will be forever grateful. I will cherish the love you give me.

I will honor you; I will love each and every day we share together until our time has finally come, because I can't imagine a day of this life or any without you in it. I know you're going to make an amazing father, and I wouldn't want to be here with anyone else.