Chapter {7}

(1653 words)

Chapter 7 -

Bray-Lynne spun around, again.

She hated the dress, but Karma loved it. It was fluffy and big. It just didn't scream to her telling her that, that was the one.

"Karma maybe a little less of your kind of dress, why don't we let Bray-Lynne pick some out for herself." Lilly suggested as she noticed the sour look on Bray's face.

Karma agreed, but still sulked in her seat as Bray-Lynne told the store ladies what styles she liked.

One of the ladies helped Bray to the back changing rooms while another one went to look on the shelves.

After trying on about seven more dresses Bray-Lynne was ready to throw the towel in and give up for the day.

She was so tired from all the changing dresses and none of them were even the ones she asked for.

They were either too short, too fluffy, too big. She just wanted something simple.

As she was about to pull her blue jeans back on, one of the many ladies that worked at the dress shop came in carrying an older bag. The label wasn't even from the shop.

"We have one more for you to try on." The lady smiled at her.

Once the dress was on, Bray was star struck. It fit perfectly. It was everything she had asked for. It was simple, yet long. Not a white but an off white. Not too much lace, and not too much silk. It was all balanced out by the other element.

The sleeves to the dress ended just a few inches below her elbows, from the waist up was lace; a thick navy blue ribbon separated the lace and silk. From the waist down was all silk leading to a trumpet train that flowed with the floor.

She put on the matching navy blue heels, and couldn't believe how beautiful she looked; the dress was everything she had ever wanted and more.

The ladies ushered her out to the showroom. Lilly and Karma's eyes nearly bugged out of their heads the second they saw Bray- Lynne.

Bray also noticed a new guest sitting with them.

She had white hair that ended just above her shoulders and a pink pants suit on.

"Oh dear you look so wonderful!" Lilly gushed as she and Karma rushed over to spin her around. The long train twisted up at her feet and almost made her fall.

"Karma called me and told me about all the trouble you guys were having finding a simple dress. I just knew this one was going to work." Bray looked over to the lady in pink.

"Oh my, please excuse my rude manners. My name is Silvia DiCaprio, I'm their grandmother." Silvia got up and hugged Bray.

She knew one day her grandson would pick a beauty. And she had been right. Bray was a knockout!

"Well I love the dress." Bray told Silvia honestly. She truly did love the way it fit her and how the style matched what she was looking for. The color was also very beautiful and the navy blue went perfect with it.

"Yes well, I wore that same dress when I was eighteen. Although I was a little taller than you are. We can have the train trimmed, but just a bit." Silvia spoke the last part to the women that worked at the shop.

They immediately got to work on measuring Bray's height and pinning the dress up with straight pins so that the seamstress would know just how much to trim off.

"This was your dress?" Bray asked Silvia.

Silvia just nodded her head and smiled at Bray – Lynne.

"I can't wear your dress!" Bray started to panic. She couldn't wear this dress. She wasn't even a DiCaprio yet. How could she take advantage of that?