×× chapter 21 ××

"Oh my god, Kacchan!! Are you okay?"

Izuku slowly bent down and rubbed the blond's back, watching him wince in pain everytime his hand made contact with the bruise.

"Take your shirt off, I'll use my one for all to go to the dorms and get the first aid kit."

Just as Izuku was about to stand up to leave, Katsuki grabbed his arm and pulled him down beside him.

"It's fine Deku, don't worry about it. I've dealt with worse."

The boy watched as Katsuki stood up, resting his body against the tree, trying to control his breathing.

Izuku stood up and grabbed some water from one of the boxes he packed it in and handed it to Katsuki, leaning beside him and silently waiting for him to speak.

"De-"

"I'm sorry," he interrupted, just wanting to apologize for hurting and ignoring his decision to let him talk.

"I really am. I thought you were some random villain and I don't really know why I thought that. I can't believe my mind would just automatically go there, I mean what's wrong with me, but if you just give me like 5 minutes tops, I'll get the aid kit and I'll help you and-"

Izuku stopped his mumbling when he felt cold liquid splash his face. He opened his eyes to see Katsuki staring at him with an empty water bottle in hand.

"Deku, stop apologizing. Like I said, it's fine, I'm fine. You can stop worrying, I promise I'll get it checked with recovery girl tomorrow, okay?"

Izuku let out a soft sigh and nodded his head, hearing the blond let out a satisfied grunt afterwards.

"Anyways, what're you doing here? And wait- how'd you know where the water bottle was?"

Katsuki stared at the water bottle in confusion then to Izuku then to the box he got the bottle from and repeated that process until he saw Izuku's hesitant face.

"Deku?"

Izuku stared at the blond for what seemed like forever before closing his eyes, letting out a long sigh, trying anything to prepare and stall what he wanted to tell the blond.

"Okay, so um what happened was- well actually, I'm here because-"

Katsuki let out a sigh before cupping the boy's face and making them look at each other.

"Deku, breathe. Don't overthink or worry about it. Whatever it is I'm sure isn't as bad as you think okay? So just breathe and take as much time as you want. Since you're so nervous, I won't force it out on you. Okay?"

Izuku's eyes teared up once Katsuki finished. He missed him so much and was trying his best to control his emotions before he does something he'll regret.

He needs to get one thing out of the way before he tells Katsuki the whole truth.

A/N Word Count 475
okay ik this chapter is short and sucks ass but i needed smthg to start what I had in mind.
hopefully, if I do it right, it'll be a long ass chapter that's hopefully sad/happy.
this story will end in less than 10 chapters so you have smthg to look forward to (or to be sad abt based on how much u like this book)
I hope you have an amazing
day, night, or evening