×× chapter 05 ××

Katsuki laid there beside a passed out Izuku sleeping on his chest. He thought for a while. 'Did he really mean what he said? No Katsuki, no he didn't. He's drunk. Really really drunk. Get your head out of the gutter. Why would he ever like someone like you?' He shook his head and let out a frustrated sigh. He looked down to see Izuku's peaceful face and smiled, blush escaping to his cheeks and nose.

He looked at the picture of him and Izuku that was laying on the nightstand beside him. 'what if maybe, just maybe, he meant it?' Katsuki looked down at him once again and sighed.

Katsuki didn't know how to feel about Izuku's confession. He was drunk, he didn't know what he was talking about. But at the same time, why would he lie about something serious as that in the state he was in? He wouldn't gain anything from it. Even sober Izuku wouldn't lie like that. Izuku doesn't like to lead people on or mess with their feelings. If he tells you something, you know he means it. This frustrated him even more.

Katsuki was frustrated, mad, and most of all, upset. He would give anything for that confession to be true. He would give anything for Izuku to feel the same way about him. We wants to believe Izuku, but he knew how drunk Izuku was. He knew that drunk people just spit out random shit. He knew that Izuku didn't mean what he said, but a small part of him inside knows that what he's saying is the truth.

Katsuki's mind was filled with doubt. 'Why would he like me after all the shit I put him through? Why would he like me after all the times I insulted him, and screamed at him whenever he does the smallest things? He will never love me like I love him. He will never look me in the eyes and want a future with me.' Katsuki could feel his eyes watering as tears fell down his cheeks. He silently swore and wiped them off cautiously, making sure his movements wouldn't wake up the sleeping greenette under him.

He layed there for a few moments, thinking about the time he first realized he had feelings for the greenette. His heart fluttered and his chest tightened as he smiled.

~~

They were in their first year of UA, at the time, the week after the sports festival. Katsuki entered class with his usual scowl and slightly slouched back. He couldn't help but stare daggers at Todoroki. After all, he didn't win fairly, Todoroki only used his right side. He didn't win fairly. He didn't give his all. He only him half his all. Kirishima approached him and put his arm around the blonde's shoulders and congratulated him on the win, then started talking about some other stuff. Katsuki rolled his eyes but payed attention to what his best friend was saying.

After a minute or two, Izuku walked in with his usual smile plastered on his face. His best friends, Iida and Uraraka, approached him and began talking to him. The trio later went over to Todoroki's table and started having a conversation with him after a few minutes of talking about the sports festival and what had happened to Izuku during the fight with Shinso. Katsuki could hear their conversation from where he was sitting and heard Izuku spit out a "You're amazing Todoroki. Your quirk is so cool and-" he then began mumbling about how amazing Todoroki and his quirk are.

The action pissed off Katsuki. He began to silence out Kirishima and the entire class out and only payed attention to Izuku's words. He could hear everything he was saying, even though he was muttering. Katsuki grew used to his mumbling. He'd been mumbling since kindergarten. He could hear Izuku talk about how Todoroki's quirk was so much cooler than most and began taking mental notes about his strengths and weaknesses. Katsuki didn't know it, but he was gripping Kirishima's hand to the point where it became blue.

"Um, Bakubro?" Kirishima then hardened his arm which made Bakugo flinch and remove his hand. He looked down and saw the bruise he unintentionally gave his red headed friend. "Are u okay, Bakugo? You looked really angry. Does it have to with Midorya? You were looking at him the whole time. Heh." Kirishima chuckled and rubbed his arm over the bruise. Katsuki looked down and sighed. "It's nothing. Don't worry about it, Shitty Hair."

A few minutes had passed, and Katsuki had subconsciously looked back over to where Izuku was standing. He was now talking about some pro heroes and, once again, began mumbling about how cool they are and all their powers. He then smiled to himself and a small blush crept onto his cheeks. He stayed that way, staring at Izuku with a smile and a small blush, before the bell rang, jolting him out if his daydream. Once he noticed what he did, he mentally slapped himself and looked down at his feet, eyes wide, and let out a soft sigh. 'Well shit, guess I like the nerd, don't I?' Katsuki then smiled softly to himself and stayed that way until Mr Aizawa walked in.

He thought that he'd be mad or even disgusted, but he felt happy and whole. He was surprised with himself. 'How long have I felt this way? Have I always felt this way but never knew it?' Thoughts were running wild in his head, he want paying attention to anything. His mind just stayed thinking about the boy sitting behind him. He heard a loud noise and shot his head upwards to see Mr Aizawa glaring at him for not paying attention. He mumbled out a "Tch" before placing his hands on the table and head on his palm.

~~

Katsuki smiled to himself, another blush creeping onto his cheeks, this time, more visible than the previous one. He felt some small movements and stirs from under him. He looked down and noticed that izuku was now beside him, no longer on top him, sleeping peacefully. He smiled and let out a soft chuckle. He turned to his side and stared at Izuku for a little while. He layed his hand on Izuku's head and started playing with a few strands of his hair.

He rolled back over on his back and sighed. 'Better leave before he gets on top of me again and I won't be able to move.' He grunted as he slowly stood up, avoiding touching anything as to not make noise and wake up the sleeping curly headed boy. He reluctantly walked away from Izuku and began walking towards the door. Once he reached, he carefully turned the handle and opened it slightly, enough space for him to walk through. He looked at Izuku one more time before closing the door and shutting it lightly.

He stood still for a few minutes. His head leaned against the wall as he stared straight at the door, as if he could see straight through it and look at the greenette. A few tears fell down as he sighed. 'yeah, what am I even thinking? He'll never love me as much I love him. Leave, Katsuki. He won't remember this in the morning, anyway.' And with that, he walked up the stairs, away from Izuku, and to his room. He opened his door, again, careful not to make any noise. He shut the door lightly and flopped onto his bed. He rolled over and stared at the ceiling, replaying the moment with Izuku over and over and over again until drowsiness overcame him and he let it take him into a deep and dreamless sleep.

A/N Word Count 1,300
Please correct any mistakes and errors I made in this story.
I hope you have an amazing day, night, or evening. Wherever you are in the world.
Thank you and bye.