He never misses (Bad Batch)

After parting with Cham Syndulla and his family, the Bad Batch returns to their ship. Tech and Echo work to do a complete diagnostic scan of the ship as Wrecker and Hunter lead Omega back toward her room. Though the sun is rising on Ord Mantell, everyone is exhausted and ready to get some shut-eye.

"You're right, your friend is strange. But I see why you like her." Wrecker says, picking up Omega.

"She's going to be a pilot someday," Omega replies as he gently places her in her room. She grabs Lula, holding the toy in her arms. "Did you see the way she flew that shuttle? She's already a natural!"

Wrecker laughs in agreement, ruffling Omega's hair. "You should have been here to listen to Tech's complaining."

"Oh, I heard some of it." She yawns, her eyes closing for a moment. "He thought she was crazy. But it was fun and everything worked out alright. We rescued Hera's parents and everyone is safe."

"Yupp. Mission accomplished!" Wrecker cheers with a grin. "Goodnight, Omega." He says before giving her a very light hit on her shoulder. She tells him goodnight as he heads back to the cockpit to join Echo and Tech, leaving Hunter and her alone.

She turns, smiling at him. But when she meets his eyes, she frowns. She can tell that something is bothering him. "What's wrong?" She asks.

Hunter forces a smile. "Nothing, kid. Just a little tired." He says, sweeping her curtain farther back to help tuck her into bed.

"Is it about me and Hera flying the shuttle?" She asks, furrowing her eyebrows. Concern washes over her face. "Because we know it wasn't in the plan, but we had to do something to save Chopper."

"No. You didn't do anything wrong." He waves away, slightly shaking his head. Omega and Hera did a good job. They adapted to the situation and kept themselves relatively out of harm's way. He couldn't be prouder. "I've just got a lot in my mind." He softly says.

He pulls her blanket up to her chin, making sure every part of her is covered. She strains her neck just a bit, adjusting the blanket so it rests a little lower than he placed it. "Like what?" Omega asks, yawning again.

He lightly chuckles. "Nothing for you to worry about. Get some rest. You've earned it."

"Alright." She huffs, quickly understanding that he's not going to share anything with her now. Besides, sleep does sound amazing and she's very comfortable in her bed. "Goodnight, Hunter."

"Goodnight, Omega." He replies before closing her curtains to help block out the lights from the rest of the ship.

He walks back to join the others in the cockpit, unsure if he wants to bring up his current thoughts to the group. He takes his seat, letting them chat among themselves. They deserve to hear what he thinks, but even to him, it sounds crazy. Plus, what will it change? It's not like there's much they can do if there has been a shift. They would need luck and everything the supposed Force can give them.

"Hunter, did you hear me?" Tech asks, arching his eyebrow at him.

He jumps, startled by Tech's sudden questioning. He sits up in his chair, giving his head a quick shake. "No, sorry. Lost in thought." He answers, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I was just asking about the hyperdrive, but I suppose it isn't important at the moment," Tech says, quickly going back to work. He drops the subject, but Echo and Wrecker's attention drifts to their leader.

"Care to share?" Echo asks, giving a slight shrug.

Hunter doesn't really want to.

The topic on his mind is something that he's been ignoring for months. He knows how tense the room becomes when he's mentioned. There are so many conflicted feelings, especially after their last encounter.