My Fault

The bullets beam off his blue lightsaber, hitting the nearby wall. His free arm reaches out across the Duchess, protecting her from her adversaries. Just like she used to years ago, her hands lightly hold onto his robes, signaling to him that she is still safe.

"Satine, I need you to run." He says, glancing over his shoulder. He deflects bullets without looking, his eyes locked on her. The clash of red and blue light up behind him like fireworks and she's stunned.

"Run?" She asks, finally finding her voice.

"Yes. I'll cover you. But you need to leave now." He says, his attention back on the blaster fire. She watches him block each and every shot, his focus growing stronger. She can't leave him here alone. He needs her help to get out of this mess.

"No. I'm not going to leave you, Obi." She argues, shaking her head. "We are getting out of this together."

He snaps his head back at her, his eyebrows furrowed deep in what she believes in anger. She's never seen him so upset, not even when they would fight about nothing. "If you won't leave willingly, then I'll do it for you."

She lets out a scream as he force pushes her far away. She hits against the hard rocks, the breath knocked out her. She's okay but hears shots landing just a few inches above her head. She ducks and runs away to get help, knowing that they will continue to aim at Obi-Wan now.

Obi-Wan turns on his comlink, bringing his wrist to his mouth. "Anakin, I need your help. I'm trapped." He shouts over the blaster fire.

"I'm a little tied up at the moment." He replies back.

"Whatever you and Ahsoka are doing can wait. She can handle it on her own, but I need you now. I'm not sure how else I'm going to get out of here." He says. Anakin feels his blood go cold. Though he's a couple of miles away, he can almost feel his master's worry through the Force.

"Ahsoka, I'm going to help Obi-Wan." Anakin declares, jogging to the closest speeder bike. "Keep the citizens calm. The Separatists shouldn't be able to breakthrough. But if they do, you and Rex know what to do."

"You got it, Master!" Ahsoka exclaims. Rex comes to her side, giving Anakin a bit of relief in this time of worry. Together, those two are practically an unstoppable team.

Anakin speeds off, his mind running with thousands of different thoughts. Obi-Wan has always been able to defeat the Separatist droids. Something terrible must have happened to him if he's trapped somewhere. Whatever he's gotten himself into though, Anakin can handle it. He won't let anything happen to his master.

As Anakin nears Obi-Wan's coordinates, an explosion booms in the distance. He already knows that it involves Obi-Wan. He tries to force his speeder to go faster, but it's already going its max speed. His master really is in trouble.

Debris is falling from the sky. It seems like everything is on fire when Anakin arrives. He hops off his speeder, searching everywhere for him. "Obi-Wan!" He calls out. "Master, where are you?"

A tired cough catches Anakin's attention and he runs to the hillside. Laying on his side, Obi-Wan can barely lift his head. "Anakin." He hoarsely says, reaching out to him.

Anakin kneels beside him, unsure what to do first. Obi-Wan looks bad. His leg is broken, lying at an awkward angle. His face is beaten and already beginning to bruise and swell. Anakin doesn't even want to know why his side is stained with blood. "Obi-Wan, I'm here." He says, grabbing onto him.

He groans, his eyes rolling to the back of his head.

Fear courses through Anakin. "Obi-Wan." He says. Gently, he shakes him, hoping to wake him up. "Obi-Wan, stay with me." He says. This is not good. Whatever has happened to him is worse than he thought.