Smooth Delivery

The sun is barely peeking over the horizon. Soft oranges and yellows start to cut through the light gray sky. Anxiety looms over the house tucked away deep on the planet of Naboo. Though they've done well at keeping their secret, they can no longer contain it.

"Anakin," Padmé pants, holding his hand. "It's time. The baby is coming."

"I can handle this. You'll be alright." He insists, holding her hand. Sweat condenses on her forehead and trails down the side of her face. He knows they have to keep this secret. No one can know of their child or there will be hell to pay.

"I trust you." She says. "But you can't deliver this baby alone. We must get help." She softly says, her eyes drifting shut.

"Who can I tell, Padmé?" Anakin replies. He would do anything for her. If she wants help, he will get it for her. He wants to make this as painless as possible for his love.

"Obi-Wan. We can trust him." She says. "Please, Anakin. Hurry. I don't know how much longer I can wait."

He rushes from her side. He must contact Obi-Wan immediately or his visions might come true. Though he hasn't told Padmé, Anakin has been having nightmares of her dying during childbirth. He must do what he can to save her. She must survive.

"Anakin, where are you? I've been trying to contact you for days." Obi-Wan says, appearing on Anakin's hologram.

"I don't have much time. It's Padmé. She's gone into labor and I don't know how much longer she has until our child arrives. Please, hurry, Obi-Wan. You're our only hope." Anakin pleads. He doesn't care if their cover has been blown. All he cares about his child and Padmé.

"I'll come to Naboo as fast as I can." Obi-Wan nods. "She will be alright, just hold on."

Once the hologram disappears, Anakin returns to Padmé's side. "He's on his way. He will help us, Padmé." He says, brushing her hair from her face.

She smiles. "Good. I told you he cares about us."

"I only worry about what will happen to us once this is over. What should happen to you and the Senate and me and the Jedi Order?" He asks. It is forbidden for Jedi to love. Yet he married Padmé and is having a child with her.

"Let's not worry about that at that moment." She says, patting his hand. "We should worry about what gender our child will be." She gentle chuckles. They have been spending the last few days making preparations for their baby. Arguments took place over whether it should be pink or blue. They went with a soft green, a neutral color.

He smiles, letting out a soft sigh. "I've already told you, love. Our child will be a gorgeous baby girl with brown eyes that sparkle like yours."

She shakes her head with a grin. "It will be a little boy. He will have the sandy blond hair you had when we first met on Tatooine."

"You are wrong. I know there is a spunky girl just waiting to meet us. You will see." He insists, gently kissing her forehead and placing a hand on her stomach.

"You will see that you are wrong. There will be a troublesome boy here by sunset." She argues. Just outside, they hear a ship landing. Anakin rises from beside her bed.

"Obi-Wan is here." He says before he leaves the room to go greet him. Before he can even reach the ship, Obi-Wan has hopped out and bolted toward the house.

"I hope I'm not too late," Obi-Wan says, following Anakin back into the house.

"No, master. You arrived just on time. The baby will be here soon." He explains, leading him to the bedroom. He stops just outside the room, his eyes trained on the ground.