Homebound

After saying their many goodbyes to all of their friends, the joyful couple nearly skips to their spaceship. After being together for a few years, they finally decided to make it official with a wedding. An exclusive wedding, to be exact. Not just anyone was allowed to see them off.

And although they had a fabulous time seeing all of their friends, they were grateful to go away for their honeymoon. They were going to fly the galaxy from planet to planet, visiting every green-covered world. 

"Where are we off to first, my love?" Rey asks, hopping into the seat beside her husband.

"It's a surprise," Ben replies with a smile.

"No. You know I hate surprises." She playfully whines, making Ben chuckle.

"Don't worry. We won't be there for very long. It's just a spot that I've always wanted to go to." He says, logging it into the navigation.

"Alright. I guess you can have a say in one destination." She teases as she brushes her dark locks from her face.

"Really? You're the best." He grins as he grabs her face and kisses her cheek. She laughs, trying to push him away, but he just won't stop.

"I know, I know. I'm a very generous person." She smiles as he lets go. She lets out a sigh as he moves to put the ship into hyperspeed. "I'm going to go take a nap. Wake me when we arrive at your super-secret location." She says as she rises from her seat. She pats his shoulder as she exits the cockpit, leaving Ben alone to think.

As he sits in silence, his current thoughts come flooding back to him. Though the wedding was beautiful and exciting, he couldn't help but miss his family. He wishes his mother could have been there to see them off. He wishes he could have seen the smile on his dad's face when he heard the news of their engagement. He wishes he could have heard his uncle's voice congratulating him.

Ben lowers his head, guilt beginning to wash over him. All of them are gone because of him. He killed his father. He's the one who sent his uncle into exile. And although he wasn't the cause of his mother's death, he still feels the guilt of it. He should have been there to hold her hand and comfort her in her going. Everyone told him that she died of old age or that she had gotten sick. He knows that she really died of a broken heart, a broken heart he caused.

A few familiar faces were at the wedding though. Chewie, R2, and C3P0 made sure to be there every step of the way. For once, all of C3P0's knowledge of etiquette came in handy when organizing the wedding and planning the meals. Chewie acted as his father figure, helping him to prepare for their big day. Although weddings aren't really R2 specialty, he did an amazing job supporting everyone and giving out commands. 

Before he knows it, the navigation begins to beep at him. He jumps from his thoughts, looking at the system. They are already arriving at the destination. His stomach drops as he takes a deep breath and pulls them out of hyperspeed. Slowly, the planet grows in front of him.

He goes to the back of the ship. Gently, he shakes Rey's shoulder. "Rey, wake up." He quietly says.

"Hmm?" She asks, sitting up and looking around.

"We're here. It's time to get up, love." He explains, helping her to sit up. She rubs her brown eyes, trying to wake up. 

"That didn't take to long. Unless I slept through lunch." She says, making him laugh and shake his head.

"No. I promise I would have woke you up for lunch. I know how hangry you can get." He says as she stands up. She gives him a gentle smile as she stretches out her shoulders. She twists her body, making sure to loosen her back.