Beach Day

Padmé carries Luke on her hip as Ahsoka totes Leia. All of them are in their swimwear with various coverings. The twins and Padmé have matching sunhats on, protecting them from the bright rays. Leia keeps pulling hers off and swatting Ahsoka with it though. They make a small area on the beach, laying out a large blanket to keep the twins on. Padmé places the bags onto the corners to keep them from coming up.

"Aren't you two adorable?" Ahsoka coos as they set the almost nine-month-olds down. Padmé tosses a few toys onto the ground and they happily crawl to them. Thankfully, the two of them are pretty good babies. They're easy to entertain and aren't too fussy. She's grateful that they are practically content with whoever they're with too.

Padmé sighs and joins Ahsoka on the blanket. "Thank you for helping me get them ready, Ahsoka." She says. Anakin was off with the rest of the men getting whatever else they needed ready for their beach day. That left her alone to get everything the twins might need for the beach. Diapers, snacks, toys, spare clothes, you get the picture.

"Of course. It's no problem. Besides, I don't really want to see what the rest of them are up to." She chuckles. Luke lets out a playful screech and swats at her. She catches his hand and makes a growl. He growls back, a smile wide on his face. It's clear to her that Anakin must play with them a lot.

"I suppose we should get these two covered in sunscreen," Padmé says as she grabs Leia. "We don't want you two getting burnt today. So we gotta put on cold lotion to bounce the harmful rays away." She says to Leia as she pours the sunscreen into her hand. Leia lets her mother apply the sunscreen without much complaint.

But Ahsoka begins to rub some on Luke, who tries to push her away. She can't help but laugh as she rubs it on his arms. "You are so chubby! Look at your arm rolls!" She says. Luke whines, annoyed with her. He doesn't like the cold sunscreen.

"You think those are rolls?" Padmé grins. She pulls up Leia's skirt, revealing her legs. "Look at those rolls!" She says as she takes her hand and tries to wrap it around Leia's leg. Leia doesn't do anything in protest. She's used to it.

"Such chunky babies," Ahsoka exclaims as she pulls Luke close to her. He laughs and leans into her. He's always been such a good cuddler. Ahsoka watches Luke back up and hold out his arms. Suddenly, he is pulled from her grasp.

"Come here, chunky."

"Hey!" Ahsoka whines as she turns around to rest her hands behind her. She playfully pouts, watching Obi-Wan adjust Luke in his arms. The baby squeals in delight and tugs on his beard.

"What? He likes me better." Obi-Wan smiles as he encourages Luke to take his finger instead.

Padmé turns to look and Leia follows her gaze. "I like your shirt. Very fitting." She teases.

"Yes. Well, I thought that I should ditch those heavy robes for something more appropriate. Unfortunately, all they had were these cliche flowered shirts." He answers. He goes back to fussing with Luke, tickling underneath his chin to bring out loud giggles.

Every time the subject of babies and younglings get brought up, he complains about how he can only tolerate them for so long. He talks about how much he hates the crying and the whining. Yet he is always the one stealing Luke and Leia from everyone. It's rare to see him without one or both of the twins in his arms.

"Where is everyone else?" Ahsoka asks as she lays onto her back to bask in the warm Naboo sun.

"They should be here at any moment. I had to come to say hello to these precious squirts." He says. He begins to coo over Luke, whose laughter echoes around them. Padmé and Ahsoka share an eye-roll. Obi-Wan is clearly unaware of how in love he is with them.