Bad Batch Halloween

Omega rushes over to Tech's side, eagerly tapping his forearm. "What is it, Omega?" He asks, glancing up at her from his latest gadget.

The little girl sways back onto her heels, her arms folding behind her back. "Since it's almost Halloween, I was wondering you would watch a scary movie with me." She says with a wide grin on her face.

He hums, clearly not enthused with the idea. "I would really like to finish this project first. Besides, I'm not sure you're ready to watch scary movies."

She huffs, crossing her arms over her chest. "Yes, I am." She defends. Her reaction doesn't aid her point, which is obvious by Tech's eyebrow arch. "Come on, just one movie? I've never seen a scary movie before."

"'Mega, I don't think it's a good idea." He replies, going back to working on his project. Small zaps fill the space. She scrunches her nose as she tries to figure out a way to talk him into watching a movie with her.

She smirks, standing taller. "Wrecker would watch a scary movie with me."

This grabs his attention. "Wrecker was scared of Undead Gundarks for five months after we watched as cadets." He counters. "He can't handle scary movies. You couldn't get him to watch one with you."

"Fine. Then Crosshair would."

Tech chuckles, shaking his head. "That is more believable. But that isn't going to make me want to watch a scary movie with you. I'll watch something else, but not a scary movie."

Omega groans, dramatically laying her head beside his gadget on the table. "But it's Halloween, Tech! We can watch those movies some other time. One scary movie won't kill you."

He softly smiles, leaning back in his chair. "It's not me I'm worried about. I don't want you to be scared of these fictional scenarios and think of them all night for the next week."

"I know they're fake!" She scoffs with a pout. "I won't get scared."

He sighs, covering his face with his hands. "What does Hunter think?" He mumbles.

"I didn't ask, but I'm sure he won't mind." She smiles, knowing that he's caving.

He peeks one eye out. "Echo?"

She freezes, her eyes wide. "He won't like it." She quietly replies then quickly recovers with a wave of her hand. "But I'm sure Crosshair and Wrecker can distract him! He won't know."

The pilot groans, dropping his head in defeat. If she doesn't watch it with him, she'll just watch it on her own. He might as well be there in case she does get scared. "Fine. We'll watch one scary movie. Just don't come complaining to me if you get scared."

Omega cheers, slightly jumping around the room. "Thank you, Tech!" She exclaims. "It's going to be so much fun! We can make popcorn and watch it in your bunk so that we aren't distracting the others."

"Alright. We'll do it after supper." He softly smiles, his mood instantly perking at her joyous shouts.

Besides, it's just one movie. Omega will be fine.

Only, the movie Omega picked out was a lot scarier than she thought it would be.

Though the others were invited to join them, no one was really up for it. Upon hearing their evening plans, Wrecker talked Echo into a game of darts at Cid's. Hunter and Crosshair opted to go to bed early, tired from the long night they had keeping watch. It seems that Roland's gang isn't the only one in the galaxy with eyes on the sketchy cantina.

Currently, Omega is hiding under the covers as Tech shutters at the scene taking place. The poor Wookies are now pawns for the witches of Dathomir, performing acts that are too gory for even him. The fake blood splattering across the screen and horribly designed organs definitely aren't helping.