Busy Trips Usually End With Sleeping Tots

Padmé wakes up, the inside of her head feeling like a stampede of banthas. Usually, she doesn't mind when the twins jump onto their bed to wake them up. In fact, she typically finds it adorable. Today though, she wishes that they hadn't. Beside her, Anakin awakes with a grin as Leia plops onto his chest. "Good morning!" She shouts in his face.

"Someone's up bright and early." He chuckles, sitting up to lean against the headboard. Leia babbles in his arms, talking about her dream. Padmé softly groans, rolling over and covering herself in the blankets. She doesn't want to say anything because the kids around, but she feels horrible. She must have caught a cold or something visiting Bail on Coruscant.

Luke gently pokes at Padmé. "Mommy, are you awake?" He asks. He grabs the blankets, peeking underneath to see her eyes.

"I'm awake, Lukie. I just don't feel very good." She replies hoarsely. She tries to put on a smile, but the little boy only stares back at her.

Hearing this, Anakin sets Leia to the side. She stops talking, watching him lean over to check on her mother. He peeks his head under with Luke, their blue eyes peering at Padmé with worry. "You sound sick. What do you need me to do?"

"I want some sleep at the moment if that's possible," Padmé replies, trying to keep her voice light and cheery without success.

Anakin flashes his million-dollar smile at her then disappears. "Come on! Let's give Mommy some space." He declares. The bed shifts side to side as he crawls off. He speaks to their children, ushering them away from her. Padmé pulls the blankets away from her face, watching him snatch the twins up in his arms.

Leia picks up her story where she left off as Luke pops up over Anakin's shoulder. "Feel better, Mommy." He calls out with a soft wave. She smiles at him, weakly waving back. Anakin quietly closes the door to their bedroom, leaving her in peaceful silence. Immediately, she snuggles down again and falls back into some much-needed sleep.

Back in the kitchen, Anakin works to make breakfast for them. "What do we want to eat?" He asks, setting them on their booster seats. Thanks to this great birthday gift from Padmé's parents, they can now sit at the table at the proper height. They had outgrown the high chairs but weren't quite big enough for regular seats. These boosters helped eliminate that problem.

"Eggs! Eggs! Eggs!" Leia shouts, pounding her fists on the table.

"Me too!" Luke loudly agrees, copying Leia.

Anakin rushes over, hushing them. They quiet down, their wide eyes watching him. "I know you're excited, but we need to keep it down. Mommy is trying to rest. We don't want to wake her, do we?" He asks.

"No," Leia whispers, shaking her head.

"Sorry, Daddy," Luke softly adds, his eyes looking downcast.

"It's alright. You didn't do anything wrong. Just remember Mommy isn't feeling well." He assures, giving them a soft smile. "We have to be quiet."

"Okay. We'll be quiet." Leia whispers.

"Shush." Luke nods, placing a finger on his lips.

Anakin laughs, nodding his head. "Yes. Very good. Shush." He repeats, placing his finger to his lips. Leaving the twins alone, he goes back to preparing their breakfast. He begins to scramble the eggs, his thoughts drifting as he cooks. He has never had a real talent for cooking or baking, but the twins have never complained.

He jumps, the toaster scaring him. Quickly, he swipes jelly onto the slightly burnt toast. Leia will only eat jogan jelly and Luke prefers meiloorun. As if he couldn't time it more perfectly, he took the eggs off of the burner and evenly poured them onto three plates.