luck of the draw 2

Alright guys, twist my arm. I'll write another part with 6k words. (I had way too much fun and I'm not sorry.)

The weeks since that night at the motel have been interesting, to say the least. Things haven't necessarily changed between you and Crosshair. While you get massive butterflies just being close to him, you're still able to keep a casual relationship with him. After all, he is a member of your squad. You have objectives to complete together and need to maintain a good friendship in order to succeed.

Still, your need to keep things professional doesn't stop you from thinking about that night. As much as you try to push the feelings away, you wish you would be given another opportunity to be that close and personal with him again.

If the others have picked up on your increased feelings for Crosshair, they haven't mentioned it. In fact, Hunter actually complimented you both on how well you worked together on the last mission. You were bashful at his praise, but Crosshair simply shrugged it off with a grumble that you were both just executing the plan.

So yes, it seems like you have fallen harder and he's been totally unaffected by that experience.

Currently, you're on your way to Coruscant. It's been a fairly uneventful trip. You've spent most of your time helping Tech in the cockpit. After the last firefight, you're both concerned that you'll even make it to your destination.

You tense up as a hand rests on the back of your seat. You don't have to look to know it's Crosshair. "How much longer till we're there?"

You turn in your seat to meet his gaze and answer, but Tech beats you. "Half a standard rotation as long as our hyperdrive holds out."

He rolls the toothpick in his mouth and looks at his brother from the corner of his eyes. "Thanks, Tech."

"Not a problem." He shrugs, either missing the hint of annoyance in his voice or choosing to ignore it.

Crosshair shakes his head and then returns his attention to you. "I was wondering if I could add a few things to your weapons request form. Mind if I take a look at what you have on there?"

"Yeah, sure." You say as you stand up from your seat. He takes a step back, letting you pass by him in the tight space. He follows you out of the cockpit and through the ship. You walk by the game of sabacc happening on the floor, pleasantly surprised that a fight hasn't broken out yet. Echo acknowledges your passing presence with a nod while Hunter and Wrecker stare each other down.

"You didn't want to join?" You tease over your shoulder once you're past them.

"Hunter says I cheat."

"Do you?"

"Sometimes. But he didn't have to call me out." He says getting a laugh out of you. You internally cringe because that sounds nothing like your normal laugh.

He doesn't say anything about it, and instead, a half smile appears.

Before you can embarrass yourself more, you grab your datapad from your bed. You quickly find your request form on it and hand it over to him. "What exactly are you low on?" You ask as he meticulously swipes at it.

"A few more cables would be nice."

"Alright, that I can handle." You reply. You had expected his extended list to consist of hard-to-find pieces. Between him and Wrecker, you often have to hangle for items that are deemed unnecessary. Sometimes, you're even instructed to keep personal track of the weapons and make sure they are using them as intended, so a few cables are not unreasonable to add on.