Young Luke

It's been nearly five years since the Empire came into power. Though things look grim, people still cling to the hope that the rein will be short-lived. They pray that the Republic comes back to power and that the galaxy is at peace.

But on a planet in the Outer Rim, a young couple tends to their own problems. Though the Empire looms over everyone in the galaxy, they have other things to worry about. It's a bad season for them, forcing them to use their supplies sparingly.

It's another typical day for them on the hot planet. They have chores to tend to and a child to care for. Nothing was out of the ordinary until he appeared.

"Aunt Beru, who's that?"

"Who's who?" She asks, standing up from her work. She squints her eyes and looks off into the distance. The only visitors they get are their friends in the area and they never show up when there's work to do.

"That man. Can't you see him?"

She furrows her eyebrows, recognizing him. "I need to get Uncle Owen. Stay here." She says.

Soon, the man arrives at their place. He removes his hood, showing his face. "Hello, young Luke." He greets, smiling at the boy.

"Hello. Who are you?" He asks, tilting his head. His blue eyes and blonde hair send shivers up the man's spine. Luke looked like the spitting image of his father when he was young.

"I'm Ben." The man says. "You've gotten so big since the last time I saw you."

"I know. Aunt Beru had to make me new clothes." He says, pulling at his clothes to show Ben.

He chuckles, nodding his head. "They look very nice on you. She did a good job."

"Where's your house?" Luke asks, changing the subject. Ben has forgotten how quickly children could find something new to talk about. In fact, he forgets a lot about talking to people.

"Oh, I live just beyond that ridge. I have a house just like yours." Ben explains as Beru and Owen finally make their appearance. They stand side by side, their faces stern. Ben stands taller, his attention falling on them.

Luke turns around, running to them. "Uncle Owen, Aunt Beru, this is Ben. He lives beyond the ridge." He says as they walk a bit closer. He goes to Beru, clinging to her leg.

"It's nice to see you again," Ben says, giving a soft smile.

"What do you need?" Owen asks, stepping forward.

Ben drops his smile. "I believe we should talk inside. There are things I need to discuss with you."

"You can say them out here." Owen fires back, furrowing his eyebrows as he steps up to Ben.

Ben keeps his composure, slightly leaning back. "It involves Luke. I don't want to startle him."

Owen lowers his shoulders. He turns around. "Luke, go to your room."

"Why?" He asks, peeking out behind Beru.

"We're going to talk with Ben inside where it's cool." He explains, walking back to the house. Everyone follows, ready to get out of the heat. It is almost noon anyways. They need to prepare lunch.

Once they enter the house, Beru bends down and whispers to Luke. "Go to your room. I'll call you when we're done."

"But I wanna talk to Ben." He whines.

"It'll just be for a moment. Go find a toy to show him. I'll call for you." She says. He nods his head, rushing off to his room. She stands up, walking into the kitchen. "Can I get you something to drink?" She asks.