Chapter 28

Sorry for the late update! <3 My teachers gave me four projects each on a different subjects and the due date planted right next to each other!

I don't suppose you guys know the historical or national significance of the Carlton Hotel that was destroyed in the WW2 bombings in 1940 in London, do you?

~~~

An hour before the ambush

"I refuse."

Sapnap tried to steady his voice in a calm manner, his hands clenching under the meeting table. He felt as if the world was shattering around him.

A little birdie had succeeded in tricking L'Manberg into a fake investigation. Now, the Dream SMP had to ambush them. 

Dream gritted his teeth. "Sapnap, I don't have time for your shenanigans. This might be the best opportunity we have to-" 

"I said, I REFUSE!"

Sapnap suddenly yelled out in rage, standing up and slamming both his hands onto the table. Everyone around the table was taken back at his sudden outburst, even the leader Dream himself. 

The ravenette was going to comply. However, he changed his mind the second it was revealed that (Y/n) would be one of those they had to ambush. 

He didn't want to face her; Sapnap knew that he would fall apart if he ever saw her beautiful face shatter before his very eyes.

To make matters worse, Dream wanted him to fight (Y/n) in a 1v1.

Even if she was able to fight him, he couldn't bring himself to fight her.

"Stop being ridiculous. (Y/n)'s and your strength are on par, and almost equal. Now that we've managed to enchant your sword to go on the same level as her bow, you're the only one who might be able to take her on," Dream explained, his patience growing thinner. 

I refuse to fight (Y/n). I refuse to go against the one who only treated me with respect, more respect than you've ever gave me. I refuse to battle the person who gives me this new found feeling whenever I think of her pretty smile or adoring laugh.

Sapnap's eyes flashed a little brighter before settling down.

"Our strength may almost be equal, but I still refuse. If something were to go wrong, and she ends up beating me, I'll be taken as hostage all over again," he muttered, throwing out an excuse to not fight her. 

"Besides. Weren't you the one who took months to rescue me but only, like, two days for L'Manberg to rescue Tubbo when he was hostage?" he said, and he saw Dream flinch at his words.

Dream finally snapped, his patience gone. "Okay, fine! Don't go then. It's your dumb choice, and I don't give a shit about it!" he growled. 

Sapnap felt a small smirk place upon his lips, showing off his fanged white teeth. He had won an argument by agitating his best friend.

The rest of the team carried on talking about their plans, but the raven haired paid no attention. The plan was to take at least Fundy or (Y/n) as a liability and advantage, but Sapnap knew better. 

After all, he was the one who spent time with her most. Even if it was behind bars, he felt closer to her than anyone he's ever met.

The meeting was eventually finished, and they all left. Sapnap stayed behind and went to his room.

Then he instantly flopped onto his bed and snuggled in the white sheets.

Sighing into his mattress, he couldn't help but worry about (Y/n)'s safety. Dream was no amateur; everyone knew that.