Chapter 3

I was writing out some documents and clearing out the papers, like Wilbur wanted me to, when I heard a knock on the door. I glanced up, raising a brow.

"Come in," I said, settling down on my chair. Eret stumbled inside, looking at me. "Wilbur wanted to see you downstairs in his office," he said, smiling a little at me. I smiled back and nodded. "Thanks, Eret. You're free to leave."

When he left, I gathered up my files and exited my office to go to his.

I gently knocked on his door. "Come in," said a muffled voice. I slowly opened the wooden door, and peeked inside. "You wanted me?" I asked, stepping inside. He nodded, gesturing for me to sit down. 

I turned around to close the door and felt my heart freeze. Sapnap was there, blindfolded and being roughly taken away by guards. There were still multiple injuries and new bruises on him, newly forming scars coming across his face. Blood was still drenched in his clothing.

I forced myself to look away and shut the door. 

~~~

It turned out that Wilbur only wanted me to help him sort out a large complaint about the docks we had at sea. As I opened the door, the first thing I saw was a trail of blood. 

Sapnap's blood.

I knew that it was his because I saw a bloody bandana lying in the trail. Sapnap's bandana. "Wha- W-W- Wilbur!" I cried, putting my hands over my mouth in horror. He came out of the room and saw the blood. 

"Oh.. Oh my gosh.." he muttered. "I'll get the workers to clean the mess up. For now, you are dismissed, " he said, putting a hand on my shoulder. Was he serious right now?! Sapnap now could be severely hurt if there was enough blood to leave full trail!

I knew that the guards could be aggressive, but this?! This was just too much of them! They seriously couldn't think that they were able to beat the shit out of Sapnap and get away with it, just because he was part of the Dream Team?!

Guilt, worry, concern, pity and sympathy all mixed up in my heart as I ran as fast as I could to the bakery and flower shop.

I needed to get Niki.

~~~

Sapnap groaned in pain, clutching his bloody wounds as he curled on on the cold stone floor. He hated it here. He absolutely hated it. The guards would give him endless hours of torture, he wasn't fed enough and nobody treated his injuries.

He winced as he touched a large forming bruise on his arm, tears falling down his face at the pain. He knew that he wouldn't last long. The blood loss was severe, and he practically starving to death. He knew he was going to die in cold blood if no one came to help.

Sapnap was starting to lose hope quickly. It had been a while since he last saw his friends. He was starting to think maybe they had abandoned him. It only made his heart ache more.

And then there was that girl. (Y/n), her name was. (Y/n) (L/n). He still wasn't sure why she helped him, but he was sure she didn't know either.

It was probably out of pity, he thought miserably. Well, I don't need anyone's pity- His thoughts were interrupted by another stinging pain by his stomach, making him hiss. On second thought, maybe I do.

He hated the place that was in. It was a cold, damp cell with hard stone walls and one wall being bars. The ceiling and walls were cracked, and everything was freezing. There weren't even any furniture, let alone sanitation. Sapnap shivered, trying to keep himself warm.

And his bandana. How could he forget? The one thing he loved, the one thing he had since the very beginning (Besides his friends), was gone. He had lost it somewhere in the process of getting beaten by the guards.