Chapter 41

FUCK

anyways hi guys

~~~

"That totally wasn't weird," Purpled commented on Niki's behavior an few minutes later. I bit my thumb, only silently nodding in agreement to his words. He glanced at my face. 

"Oh come onnn," he smiled, slapping me on the back. I winced slightly at such strength he had, despite being a boy. "I'm sure it's nothing!"

It was a vain attempt of reassurance. It was obviously something, but neither one of us wanted to address to make the atmosphere heavy. He pursed his lips together.

"Let's just not address that for now. That's something future us- or you- will solve. I still need to teach you more potion mastery stuffies," he said, grabbing my wrist and taking me away. I looked back at the medical ward, a worried look on my face but said nothing and walked away nonetheless. 

Whilst we were walking to the training grounds, he spoke up. 

"For starters, we still need to work on your uniform," he said, glancing at me. I frowned, looking down at it. 

"What's wrong with it?"

"What's wrong with it, is how you plan on carrying potions with you. Not even a single belt or pouch. Let's do some shopping! We also need to work your your reaction time and hesitance to creating potions and your reflexes."

"So where do we start?"

"Shopping for a utility belt. I know a place."

~⏩~

"....was your 'I know a place' really Sam's workshop?" I asked, staring in disbelief at the store. 

He nodded eagerly. It seemed as though he wanted to buy more than just a belt. 

"Come on! Sam has all kinds of different things, and they're all like suuuppperrr useful!" he said, taking my wrist and dragging me inside. I heaved a sigh but went along with it. I was actually kind of excited to see Sam again. 

He pushed open the doors and called out, "SAM!!!!! I'm back!"

There was a rustling sound in the open 'employees only' door behind the cashier. There was the sound of metal, sparks, wires, clunking, walking and a loud crash that made me and Purpled wince. 

"I-I'll be right there, Purpled! Kind of, um- in a sticky situation!" he called back, his voice in slight distress.

Me and the child glanced at each other at the same time then looked back forward at the door. Sam finally waddled in, his arms stacked with boxes full of metals and scraps. It was piled high, to the point where it went past his face. 

He stumbled and wobbled a little unevenly, trying to peer past. 

But was intrigued me most was that he was absolutely drenched in green slime. 

"..Um. Sam, do you need help?" I piped up, furrowing my eyebrows. He jumped a little in surprise at the unexpected guest. 

"A-Ah, (Y/n)! I didn't expect for you to be here- woah-" he tripped from the sticky slime attaching his shoes to the ground. I was able to catch him in time and helped steady him, taking some of the boxes from his arms to relieve his pressure. 

"Thank you, (Y/n). I- Oh god, I look like a mess. This is so humiliating" he mumbled, his ears turning red in embarrassment. 

I blinked. "When you said you were in a 'sticky situation', I didn't think you meant literally," I spoke, stilling eyeing the slime he was covered in.