Chapter 31

New Keys unlocked!

☆ : A change in the point of view

⏩: Fast forward

⏪: Flash back

~~~

Everyone pondered on where the sword could've gone.

Some were suspicious of me for losing it so carelessly before Eret, Jack and Tommy had backed me up in my defense. 

Some believed a thief had stolen it. 

Some didn't say a single thing.

Some suggested we should take it easy and leave it for now since we had to focus on the war, not some sword.

Some had even gone as far as blaming Ranboo before Tommy and Tubbo defended him by saying they were always with him 24/7.

But in the end, no one had come up with a reasonable answer or agreed to a single thing. 

After all, it was Dream's sword, the leader of the SMP. 

I trudged back to my room slowly, kicking some rocks along the way. 

A hand landed on my shoulder and I jumped in fright. Quickly turning around, I saw that it was Eret. 

"Today was intense, huh?" he asked looking up at the sky. It was turning dark, stars starting to pop out. I nodded solemnly, rubbing my arm for self soothing. 

He noticed my actions and ruffled my hair, making me squeak at the sudden action. 

"It's not your fault, you know. I understand that you might think it is, but please trust me when I say it's not. We all owe our lives to you in some kind of way, so even if we were to blame you, this petty argument over a sword wouldn't mean a single thing," he comforted me. 

I weakly forced out a smile, but Eret wasn't taking it. 

He knew words wouldn't help me in any kind of way. 

So he hugged me. 

It took me a couple of seconds to process the hug, but I slowly hugged him back. "Thank you, Eret," I whispered, my words slightly muffled in his shoulder. 

He pulled away patting my head. 

"Don't worry about it, little dove. Tell me if anything's bothering you, okay? I'll always be h-" he paused midsentence before speaking up again, "I-I'll always be happy to hear you out."

I nodded, smiling gratefully. How lucky I am, to have a best friend like Eret. 

He walked me back to my room and said goodnight before leaving.

I pulled my bedsheets over my body, closing my eyes and trying to get some decent sleep. But I couldn't. 

I twisted and turned, but the guilt kept eating me away as I overthink. 

I had risked my life and got the sword from it, as if it were a reward for beating Dream.

Everyone was happy as well, but sad that I nearly died. 

So to lose something as big as this...

I didn't sleep that night.

~⏩~

"I need to speak to Wilbur."

There was no hesitance in my voice, whatsoever. 

I've had enough of holding this secret in. I wanted to know my past, and I wanted to know it now.