Chapter 2

"Do you know how worried I was once I heard the message you told us?! Oh my god, I thought something bad was going to happen to you, and that I might not be able to make it on time, and-"

"Tubbo, I'm okay," I said softly, placing a hand on his shoulder. I was sitting on a nursing bed while Niki took care of my injuries. Tubbo was besides me, his eyes glossy and tears threatening to fall.

He snivelled. "I-I know, but if something had happened to you, I d-don't know what I would've done!" he croaked. "It's all my fault! As soon as you said you were going back alone, I should've came with you-" 

"Tubbo, if anything, I'm glad you didn't come with me. Otherwise, both of us could've gotten hurt," I said, giving a small smile. He sniffed again before nodding and patiently waiting for Niki to finish treating my injuries.

"..."

"..."

"I'm still sorry-"

"Tubbo!"

~~~

Wilbur's frown deepened as he walked into Security. The team was already there, looking up at me as he walked in. Tubbo was also supposed to be here, but he refused to leave (Y/n)'s side. Wilbur didn't want him to go, but after Tommy interjected, he reluctantly allowed it. 

"Right," he muttered, sitting down in front of the screens. "Let's see what happened to (Y/n). Eret nodded and pressed the play button. 

The start of the video was basic. There headquarters were empty, and nothing happened for a few seconds. Then the chaos began. The Dream Team suddenly walked in, talking to one another. 

"So, now what?" Sapnap asked, looking at Dream. "Now, we collect the files and head back to base while the SMP attacks," he answered. Distant, pounding footsteps suddenly appeared, making all heads turn towards the door.

Wilbur gritted his teeth, knowing that it was (Y/n).

Then she appeared, staring wide-eyed at the Dream Team. "Hello, boys," she said quietly. Sapnap was the first to react, lunging for her. Wilbur tensed, his breathing becoming shallow. He didn't want to see this part, but he had to.

He watched as (Y/n) grabbed Sapnap's arm and pulled his face into her other fist. George had snuck up on her and got her in a chokehold, making Wilbur tighten his fists. Although he knew that (Y/n) was now safe and the recording was in the past, he still couldn't stop worrying. 

She lifted a leg and kicked George back before turning around and punching him in the face. He hit his head and went limp. "Damn," Fundy whispered, "that's just badass."

Wilbur swore his heart skip a beat when he saw Dream take out his sword and swing it at her. But (Y/n) was fast enough to take out her own and block the attack. When did she call for back up? Why is she taking so long?!  Wilbur thought frustratingly.

(Y/n) then tricked Dream before finally calling for reinforcement. "Guys!" she cried desperately into her earpiece. Wilbur saw Tommy's face fall as soon as he heard her desperate voice. Wilbur felt the same but didn't show it.

"I'm being attacked at the headquarters, get over here now- AH!" she cried out when she was punched by Dream. They watched as the earpiece fell down and shattered. Sapnap suddenly made a move and slammed her against the wall.

"Good work, Sapnap," Dream said, laughing. He picked up an unconscious George. Wilbur was practically dying in guilt and sadness. If he hadn't arrived earlier, maybe she wouldn't be as injured.

"Fuck you," (Y/n) hissed. Sapnap only laughed in her face, smirking. "Didn't see that coming?" he teased. 

Dream said a few more words, but Wilbur wasn't paying much attention. Rather, he was frowning at Sapnap and (Y/n). Although he knew it was unrelated to what was happening right then, he couldn't help but feel angered by the way Sapnap was holding her down.