Chapter 34 (Jack)

Jack didn't know what to think of Sapnap and (Y/n) at first. 

Of course he didn't- how else would you react if you found out one of your best mates had fallen in love with the enemy? It was absolutely crazy. 

Before he had told (Y/n) that he had found out something fishy was going on with her and Sapnap, he was like "I swear, if the literal ambassador of this nation is becoming friends with our top enemy, I'm going to tell Wilbur."

But then, he saw her smiles and heard her laughs. 

Before interacting with Sapnap, she had been pretty different. 

You didn't see her smile a lot, and laughing was even rarer. She was strict and serious with her actions, always cautious and even a bit cold. 

He didn't tell her, but he had figured out she had a fear. 

The fear of letting others down. 

The fear of losing her status. 

The fear of being replaced. 

The general fear of just... not being good enough. 

He supposed that was why she always had such high expectations. She had worked hard to get here, and it could all fall apart in a couple of seconds. 

(Y/n) used to be strict with herself; always sticking next to Wilbur like glue and never owning up to him when he did something she didn't like. 

Cold-face princess, he used to think. It was his opinion of her. 

But after (Y/n) met Sapnap, there had been.. a graduate and slow change. She began smiling more, laughing and interacting with everything. Her eyes slowly started gaining more emotion and she began expressing herself more freely. 

And, he was almost ashamed to admit it, he was glad she had yelled at Wilbur. It was a surprising but nice change to see her finally voice out her thoughts to the leader whomst everyone didn't dare to object. 

Jack began to respect her true self. 

While she had changed quite a bit, there was something she had never changed; her selflessness. 

Whether it was as small as helping to set up the L'Manberg ball, or to sacrifice her life for her team, she was the definition of "I'll risk my life to save yours."

He had wondered where this change had come from, and realized it started happening when she was assigned to guard Sapnap. 

First, he was like "Oh shit" and then after realizing it was a good change... well, he was still like "Oh shit."

They were enemies, and their love was strictly illegal. 

But he admired them in a way. They crossed boundaries when they started liking each other. They both changed. They were persistent and would do so much in the name of love, and their determination was amazing. 

Jack began talking more with (Y/n) and they became good friends. He had discovered she was kinder than she seemed, more chaotic than just "serious face" and more expressive than before meeting Sapnap. 

It would just have been terribly cruel if he were to be the reason she would fall apart. 

So he supported her. He knew the risks if they were all got together, but a friend was a friend, even in the most dire situations. 

He never had the experience of love before; but seeing them was enough to tell him that love shouldn't be underestimated.

Even if their love had started with her punching him in the face.