3: Colour Me Surprised Pt. 1

When Miki woke up, he remembered everything that had happened. How he had been caught by a hero, one he didn't even recognize at that-brought to the hero's home, met his husband, told them his name, had a bath and went to sleep. 

It was like some sort of fever dream, but he could tell it was real by the bedroom he was sleeping in. It was fairly small but in the cozy way. There was a dresser opposite the bed Miki was sleeping on, which by the way was the most comfortable thing he had even slept on, with a glass of water on it. 

Thin white curtains hung in front of what he assumed to be a window. Cautiously, he got up out of bed and opened the curtains. A soft gasp left his lips. The window went all the way from the ceiling to the floor. He could see everything from there. The downtown area, the famous U.A campus and dozens and dozens of green parks. 

"I see you like the view." A voice called out from the other side of the room. Miki turned around instantly, pushing himself into the corner, readying himself for a fight. "Relax, as I mentioned last night the last thing I want to do is hurt you. Now, I understand you're avoiding the government.". 

Miki nodded hesitantly. Maybe the hero was trying to help? What other option did he have but to blindly trust the man? He had basically been legally kidnapped. 

"Come to the kitchen table and we can discuss everything. But before that I want you to know that my husband and I are on your side. Not social services or the justice system's. We're heroes helping a minor. Unless you've done something unforgivable that is." The man said before walking away, gesturing for Miki to follow. 

Without thought he walked after the hero, noticing only then that the clothes he was wearing were oversized-comically so-but no so big they belonged to the man in front of him. They couldn't be Zashi's clothes either, so whos were they? 

The hero's words hung in his mind. What counted as unforgivable? Was robbing people with his quirk unforgivable? When he was younger if he so much as met someone's eyes he was punished, and he should know better now. Still, what choice had he been given? 

The hallway opened up to a massive open space. There was a living room covered in bookshelves, a bright dining room table and an open kitchen all in one room. Miki marveled at the decorating. Heroes must make a lot of money. Miki had never seen a house this nice before. 

The black haired man gestured for him to take a seat at the dining room table where a woman in her 20s was already sitting. She had a pleasant smile on her face but Miki could tell at first glance she was observing every little detail about him. It was a little suffocating. 

"Good morning, Miki." A voice said. The teen turned around, startled but a overzealous laugh was the only response he got. "Sorry little listener, I didn't mean to scare you. Do you remember me from yesterday? Your quirk overuse was pretty severe.". 

Miki nodded shakily. "Zashi?" He said, less like it was an answer and more like it was a question. The blonde man lit up. "You remembered! My full name is Yamada Hizashi. My hero name is Present Mic, my husband is Eraserhead, Aizawa Shota. But feel free to call us anything you want to.". 

If Miki could he would call him 'loud' but right now the couple were the only people standing between him and that social services lady at the table. They could be heroes that just want fame and money with absolutely no morals for all he cared. He just couldn't end up in the system. Not after all this. 

"Sit down you two." The black haired man, Aizawa apparently, said, gesturing to the table. Miki was seated directly opposite the social worker sandwiched between the heroes. It was equal parts claustrophobic and nice. He was protected but suffocated all at the same time. His skin crawled with anxiety.